What size battery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: 4,100 mAh confirmed

WTF??? I saw it last night and it said 4,100mAh and I saw it this morning around 7:30 and again it said 4,100mAh. I apologize but I know what I saw
My apologies if I sounded harsh; I'm sure you saw what you saw. I just wanted to point out what the link said at the time of my post.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I posted this link in the "Removable battery" thread and someone else posted in the "What size battery" thread and nobody even commented on it which I'm surprised but here we go. According to this website that's pretty reliable listing specs for all phones has the Note 5 listed with a 4,100mAh battery with 32, 64, and 128GB versions. Here's the link:

Samsung Galaxy Note5 - Full phone specifications

I don't consider anything "confirmed" unless it came from Samsung. Otherwise it is just a rumor.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I saw it, too. Definitely said 4100 yesterday. Very strange (and disappointing).

I would guess since they're still saying "Unofficial Specs" they changed it due to some new information they received.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
For several weeks various sources have asserted that the forthcoming Galaxy Note 5 will have a 3000 mA battery. Today I was so pleased to read at Phone Arena of it sporting instead an impressive 4100 mA battery. Has anybody further news?

Latest images of the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ and Samsung Galaxy Note 5 appear

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.

I don't care for Phone Arena as a source. I stopped checking that site for most things as I've seen incorrect information on existing devices there. I can only imagine how accurate they would be on devices that don't exist yet.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Battery specs keep switching from 3000mah to 4100mah
Processor keeps switching from Exynos 7400 to Exynos 7420

...gotta hand it to Samsung for causing so much conflicting information with the specs

trevor42088

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i thought the processors keep bouncing from 7420 and 7422 with the all on one chip, thus allowing for the higher capacity battery everyone keeps wishing for.

tekproph

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Note5 will have a 3000mAh battery. Edge+ will have the same internal specs as well. Minus the S-Pen of course. No SD slot and no push to eject. Only the little lip of the pen will be used to pull out the S-pen.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Battery specs keep switching from 3000mah to 4100mah
Processor keeps switching from Exynos 7400 to Exynos 7420

...gotta hand it to Samsung for causing so much conflicting information with the specs

Samsung has not released any specs. It is the rumor mill that creates the conflicting specs as it generates clicks.

tekproph

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, when I view the settings of each device, it says 3000mAh. And no I cannot share any images. But you don't have to believe me. Thursday everyone will see.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, when I view the settings of each device, it says 3000mAh. And no I cannot share any images. But you don't have to believe me. Thursday everyone will see.
Sad, my Note 3 has a 3200, and the ability to swap it out with a spare in under a minute. Change we can believe in. :p I was looking forward to upgrading to the Note 5 this year, but with the loss of the removable battery and micro SD card, I purchased a new $10 battery for my Note 3 and a replacement charge port for $6 in case it gets a little worn in the future. I will stay with what I have, I still love this phone. I also use my IR blaster regularly. The YMCA had "the view" on the TV that was in front of me while working out, somehow the channel got changed to something I preferred. O:)

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I know the improved processor and other things will "lighten" the load on the battery but why go from 3220 mah to 3000? Especially on the Galaxy Note, you increase the screen resolution, camera megspixels, RAM, processor speed, internal memory and you decrease the capacity of the battery????? Meanwhile eliminating a key feature of said battery? Crazy...to say the least, I guess I'll just wait till the official announcement tomorrow, but either way I'm STILL getting this phone!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
About a third of the total weight of battery consumption is the chipset (more if heavier gaming) and the remaining majority is the display and data radios.

The 7420 is near 20% more power efficient than the 805, but the GPU actually uses more power with heavy gaming (powerful gpu for phone). All things constant (yeah right) 33% times 20% would suggest about 7% more general battery life. The battery is 7% smaller, so should be about same as Note 4. If the display has been improved (already good), that would help even more and adds more weight to the improvement (display uses the most power on these devices).

BTW, there is a diminished return curve as the nM size decreases in chip fabrication and is not proportional. So as example a 50% decrease in nM size does not mean 50% power efficiency.

Added: I have also seen the 7420 is 10% better, but could be more GPU use in the tests?

Bah! Current Note 4 users that switch will be the real sources for comparing :)

Last edited:

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
About a third of the total weight of battery consumption is the chipset (more if heavier gaming) and the remaining majority is the display and data radios.

The 7420 is near 20% more power efficient than the 805, but the GPU actually uses more power with heavy gaming (powerful gpu for phone). All things constant (yeah right) 33% times 20% would suggest about 7% more general battery life. The battery is 7% smaller, so should be about same as Note 4. If the display has been improved (already good), that would help even more and adds more weight to the improvement (display uses the most power on these devices).

BTW, there is a diminished return curve as the nM size decreases in chip fabrication and is not proportional. So as example a 50% decrease in nM size does not mean 50% power efficiency.

Added: I have also seen the 7420 is 10% better, but could be more GPU use in the tests?

Bah! Current Note 4 users that switch will be the real sources for comparing :)

We all thought GS6 would have better battery than GS5 due to "vast more efficient cpu and this and that", and it ends up not being the case.

Most app don't hammer CPU, 100% more efficient cpu won't make significant impact on overall battery life.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
We all thought GS6 would have better battery than GS5 due to "vast more efficient cpu and this and that", and it ends up not being the case.

Most app don't hammer CPU, 100% more efficient cpu won't make significant impact on overall battery life.

Yup, an increase in hardware efficiencies only go so far. What we really need, what we always need, is a bigger battery (at least until battery tech drastically improves, which seems years away)! Instead we get a thinner phone with a smaller battery and even sealed so you're stuck having to tether to some external charging source for more power! It's all the very definition of form over function! Ugh... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress