Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I think it will be good. I've always used thin cases with no issues, and im always outdoors etc. Never broke a display or anything along those lines before .

Posted via the Android Central App

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I find myself regularly switching between the:

- Verus High Pro-Shield (Electric Blue)
51RmfcO7EqL._SY90_.jpg
- Verus Verge (Military Green)
51PTEy2-ysL._SY90_.jpg
- Ringke SLIM (Black)
51Xkh1eHjUL._SY90_.jpg

Today I am rocking the SLIM... I still love how minimalistic the case is... After using the other cases that add a little bit of width and thickness to the Note 5, it is refreshing to shed that extra size with the SLIM (but as discussed in the past, it comes at the cost of less/no drop protection)...

Last edited:

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I would say really good... It's a good compromise between protection and size...

It has enough of a screen lip to protect the screen from a straight-up face plant drop on the screen...and there's enough corner protection to handle most minor drops...

Admittedly, it is not the protection that a Otterbox provides...but it also doesn't have the size of an Otterbox...

bigdavy

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have or know of a good wallet case, but not the folio type, just need it to be a typical open faced case, but with card slots on back of phone..

lespaul, while shopping for cases I saw this one on Amazon. It's leather.

Galaxy Note 5 Case, Aceabove [KICKSTAND][Dark Brown] Slim Protective Leather Wallet Cover Case with Stand Feature and Credit Card ID Holders wallet case For Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920 Devices

I can't post links (I'm too new) but you'll find it if you search for this item on Amazon: B0143P1HB8

Last edited:

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
lespaul, while shopping for cases I saw this one on Amazon. It's leather.

Galaxy Note 5 Case, Aceabove [KICKSTAND][Dark Brown] Slim Protective Leather Wallet Cover Case with Stand Feature and Credit Card ID Holders wallet case For Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920 Devices

I can't post links (I'm too new) but you'll find it if you search for this item on Amazon: B0143P1HB8

I'm using this case today... No kickstand... I like the wraparound faux leather on this one... It gets a lot of stares in business meetings...very classic look...

91bumdIRamL._SL1500_.jpg

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I find myself regularly switching between the:

- Verus High Pro-Shield (Electric Blue)
View attachment 206276
- Verus Verge (Military Green)
View attachment 206277
- Ringke SLIM (Black)
View attachment 206278

Today I am rocking the SLIM... I still love how minimalistic the case is... After using the other cases that add a little bit of width and thickness to the Note 5, it is refreshing to shed that extra size with the SLIM (but as discussed in the past, it comes at the cost of less/no drop protection)...

The Ringke Slim looks good. Is that the Ringke case that has the usb port cover, and the 3.5mm phonejack covers? How is the fit around the s-pen slot, any problems? Thanks.:p

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
No...no usb cover, no phonejack covers... The s-pen slot is fine...but due to the minimalist design, one could argue that it is a little exposed if dropped on that corner...

Honestly, I hated the case when I first got it... I opened the package and was shocked at how flimsy and minimal it was... And after using it a while, I realized that the flimsy/minimal design was the whole point of the case... ;)

I don't have my phone in that case today...if you want me to take photos from different angles, let me know...

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
No...no usb cover, no phonejack covers... The s-pen slot is fine...but due to the minimalist design, one could argue that it is a little exposed if dropped on that corner...

Honestly, I hated the case when I first got it... I opened the package and was shocked at how flimsy and minimal it was... And after using it a while, I realized that the flimsy/minimal design was the whole point of the case... ;)

I don't have my phone in that case today...if you want me to take photos from different angles, let me know...

Thanks, but that won't be necessary. The case that i was looking for, is the Ringke Fusion Black. Thanks again, for your feedback.:)

jnaught

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Ghostek case. I like it, except the charger and head phone openings only fit the cords that came with the phone. I have quick chargers in my car and office, but they use cords that are similar the the Note 4, not Note 5. As a result, I'm looking for a new case - can anyone recommend a slim case with charger/headphone openings that fit more options than just the oem Note 5? Thanks!

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Spigen insists on putting "Auto Focus" near the camera. Why? I haven't had a phone without auto focus since my Blackberry 8310. Might as well put "cellular" or "digital" on there too.

This absolutely drives me nuts with the Spigen cases. I went to a Verus High Pro Shield this time around and noticed that Verus has substituted the word "megapixel" for "auto focus".

To me this screams no name, cheap mall kiosk cell case.

Other than that, I love the Verus case.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the Ghostek case. I like it, except the charger and head phone openings only fit the cords that came with the phone. I have quick chargers in my car and office, but they use cords that are similar the the Note 4, not Note 5. As a result, I'm looking for a new case - can anyone recommend a slim case with charger/headphone openings that fit more options than just the oem Note 5? Thanks!

They were supposed to correct this with their later "updated version" of the case. Do you have an original or the updated one?

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
This absolutely drives me nuts with the Spigen cases. I went to a Verus High Pro Shield this time around and noticed that Verus has substituted the word "megapixel" for "auto focus".
I don't get it. Do you mean it's printed on the case? By the way, this Verus case is on sale right now on Amazon so I ordered the blue one. I don't even have the phone yet, but what the heck. :)

jnaught

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

To me this screams no name, cheap mall kiosk cell case.

Other than that, I love the Verus case.

Any issue with the Verus USB or audio input openings not allowing for 3rd party or Note 4 cords?

jnaught

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
They were supposed to correct this with their later "updated version" of the case. Do you have an original or the updated one?

I ordered it after it was supposed to be fixed? I'll contact them. I like the case, otherwise. Thanks!

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Any issue with the Verus USB or audio input openings not allowing for 3rd party or Note 4 cords?

My Note 4 OEM charging cable fits just fine and I have some random 3rd party USB to micro USB cord I use with my vehicle charger and that too fits just fine. Every pair of headphones/earbuds I own that have a 1/8" plug also fit with no issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699