The Note 5 leaks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 5 in its full glory (BIG LEAKS)

@Paravoz Thanks for the pix and source. :) To be honest, can't help but think "Yuck! That glass back is quite the fingerprint magnet!" Shocker! and "should be covered with a case anyway as it will easily break if dropped" (so what's the point?). A soft touch back would be more functional/practical. But what do I know?...

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Middle East retailer leaks specs

I think perhaps we can all agree that if those specs were true, the only thing most would be complaining/speculating about is when the actual release date is :) What if we have all been duped and the info up to now has was really for the Edge and not the Note 5?? ;)

Not likely, but still a Dumb and Dumber- one in a million chance!

Added: Okay, I would still be whining about the crack magnet design ;)

bigjunior45

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Looks like they've removed the IR blaster on the Edge Plus too. Whelp I'm still getting the Note 5. Love the design and glass back.

bigjunior45

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Middle East retailer leaks specs

I'm still ok with the Note 5 not coming with an SD card and a nonremovable battery. My sisters brother in law was over last night and he has a Note 3 even though I thought it was a Note 4 (had a case on it). He told me that he'll be upgrading to the Note 5 and is still pleased about the battery life on his Note 3 and has never changed the battery. He told me he could careless about the nonremovable battery but to loss the expandable memory he said kind of sucks.

Both my wife and I were telling my mom last night that we were going to switch to Samsung over Apple because we're tire of using iTunes and the phones just have better features. She was extremely surprised by this news because I've been an avid Apple user since the 4 and I told my parents to get an iPhone.

I think a lot of people need to set the removable battery and no SD card aside, keep an open mind and wait for the reviews. Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) on youtube had me sold on Samsung with his S6 review and have been impatiently waiting for the Note 5 because of its bigger screen. I will not get a phone under 5.5"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

You can see the smudges already.
Not clever if someone perspires a lot.

Given that it's bigger and presumably heavier than the S6, you will want a better grip when manhandling it.

There is going to be a lot of "I dropped my Note 5 today", as it seems designed for people who never get out of a business suit.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

@Paravoz Thanks for the pix and source. :) To be honest, can't help but think "Yuck! That glass back is quite the fingerprint magnet!" Shocker! and "should be covered with a case anyway as it will easily break if dropped" (so what's the point?). A soft touch back would be more functional/practical. But what do I know?...

I'd slap a clear case on that so fast, and be done with it.

Either way, I'm pretty OCD hen it comes to cleaning my phone anyway so...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Looks like they've removed the IR blaster on the Edge Plus too. Whelp I'm still getting the Note 5. Love the design and glass back.
Yeah I'm upset they removed the IR Blaster, but I'm still getting it too, looks so good

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I'm upset they removed the IR Blaster, but I'm still getting it too, looks so good

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

This is just another way to show how far Samsung is willing to go to clean up TouchWiz and make their phones better. Sure they remove things some people still use, but remember that in the end others complained how much "crap" Samsung puts in their phones that even after Samsung starts cleaning up TouchWiz they still receive complaints about removing features that a phone shouldn't really have.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

In all of these leaked pictures of the note 5 they have all avoided to show the full side where the power button is. Even in these new ones they show the volume rocker side but not the power button side (the power button side they do show is of the s6edge +). Maybe samsung is ok with these leaks but is having the leakers leave out the power button side because that is the side that has a slot for micro sd card? Maybe I am wrong but I have found it odd that the power button side has never been shown.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

In all of these leaked pictures of the note 5 they have all avoided to show the full side where the power button is. Even in these new ones they show the volume rocker side but not the power button side (the power button side they do show is of the s6edge +). Maybe samsung is ok with these leaks but is having the leakers leave out the power button side because that is the side that has a slot for micro sd card? Maybe I am wrong but I have found it odd that the power button side has never been shown.

There have already been leaks of the side with the power button I know I have seen it somewhere
I'm pretty sure there is no MicroSD card

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The Note 5 will be revealed in a few days, but that doesn't stop the leak train.

Have a look at this from Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/co...y_note_5_and_galaxy_s6_edge_in_hand/?sort=new

Without going into too much detail, here's what's found.

• The Note's back has curved edges, like the screen on the S6 Edge, making it more comfortable to hold.
  • No microSD card support
  • Base storage is 32GB
  • The phone had 50% of it's RAM used up on initial boot.
  • The S Pen now has a push-to-pop mechanism

More can be found in the link above, but here are a few pics.

fEFTgtk.jpgkU9y8Es.jpgVytU12s.jpg

They're from here.
Samsun note5 s6plus - Album on Imgur

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I'm not as excited about this phone as I was about the launch of the S6, but still excited nonetheless!
I just want this phone because it has a bigger battery than the S6 and 4GB of Ram
Gotta sell my S6 on eBay now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana