Note 5 Battery life thread

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
But now they have fast charging external batteries and you can charge it while in your hand. With this if you are stuck, you can charge for like 10 mins, put it on ultra power saving and get 24 hours out of that 10 mins.
A fast qi charging case would be ideal. Just stick it in when you need the extra and remove it when you don't.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
A fast qi charging case would be ideal. Just stick it in when you need the extra and remove it when you don't.

Yes, I have suggested that to some and they didn't like it, because it limited their cases. But like you said, just use it when needed and no limit on cases.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yea... Because I love to use this phone naked.

I'm really scared to do that, but I'm that way with all my phones. I have only dropped one phone and cracked the screen when I did. Now many times if I'm sitting down at home I'll take off the case.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The is what square trade is for :)

I spend less money on cases and you can cancel when you get a new phone. Basically I spend $50 for a years worth of coverage assuming I get the Note 6 when it comes out and it will only cost me a $75 deductible (maybe it is $100 now) if I drop and break it.

$50 is a small price to pay if you are usually good with your phones.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The is what square trade is for :)

I spend less money on cases and you can cancel when you get a new phone. Basically I spend $50 for a years worth of coverage assuming I get the Note 6 when it comes out and it will only cost me a $75 deductible (maybe it is $100 now) if I drop and break it.

$50 is a small price to pay if you are usually good with your phones.

Yeah I've thought about Square Trade. If it was just a screen, I could get that replaced for just the cost of the screen. With the glass back, different story now lol

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
How can you say your needs don't really change when technology changes every year? If true, wouldn't you still be using a phone from say 2 years ago? As for extra battery, the Note 4's is extremely portable, smaller and thinner than a wallet. Imo, much more efficient and convenient than to be tethered.

Right. But at the end of the day, you still have two used batteries to recharge. No thanks. Especially when I don't need it.

That's what I mean by my needs never changing. In regards to THE BATTERY.

Posted via the Android Central App

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
You only have to charge them if you use them. I had them for the note 4 and they were convenient sometimes.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It is something nice to have in a pinch. Most people never had an extra battery anyway. I had one with my Note 2 but Samsung just sent it to me. I never had an extra battery for another and never needed one.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It is something nice to have in a pinch. Most people never had an extra battery anyway. I had one with my Note 2 but Samsung just sent it to me. I never had an extra battery for another and never needed one.
Never say never. It seems like for the Note 5, most of us already have had to make some concessions, and having a spare battery would negate the concessions.

ThrottleJohnny, how can charging your phone and the spare battery the same time before bedtime, all of 3 seconds, when you're then sound asleep, be more inconvenient than being awake and being tethered to a wall throughout your waking day? When you wake up, you have 2 fresh batteries. Plus, it only takes 30 secs to swap the battery and be 100% again.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying I never needed to charge when out and about, just that I never needed the extra battery.

I have fast charging in my car and a fast charge external battery and I always keep an extra wall charger in my purse.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have fast charging in my car and a fast charge external battery and I always keep an extra wall charger in my purse.
Right, so when your battery is running low, which mode is faster to be 100% again? Besides, with the swappable battery with you, you don't need to keep an extra wall charger in your purse, any charging wires in your car, and an external battery. Would you want these 3 additional things when you leave the house or just 1? Would you want 3 cumbersome charging cables or 1 thin and portable battery?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Right. But at the end of the day, you still have two used batteries to recharge. No thanks. Especially when I don't need it.

That's what I mean by my needs never changing. In regards to THE BATTERY.

External battery charger....

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Never say never. It seems like for the Note 5, most of us already have had to make some concessions, and having a spare battery would negate the concessions.

ThrottleJohnny, how can charging your phone and the spare battery the same time before bedtime, all of 3 seconds, when you're then sound asleep, be more inconvenient than being awake and being tethered to a wall throughout your waking day? When you wake up, you have 2 fresh batteries. Plus, it only takes 30 secs to swap the battery and be 100% again.

Because I never needed it, so it would be a waste of time and money.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Right, so when your battery is running low, which mode is faster to be 100% again? Besides, with the swappable battery with you, you don't need to keep an extra wall charger in your purse, any charging wires in your car, and an external battery. Would you want these 3 additional things when you leave the house or just 1? Would you want 3 cumbersome charging cables or 1 thin and portable battery?

The charger takes up the same room in my purse. I keep it in the same little case I kept the battery in.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
The charger takes up the same room in my purse. I keep it in the same little case I kept the battery in.
Well, if you think the 3 charging items you have mentioned are more convenient than the 1 swappable battery, I don't know what else to say. 😄

Getting back to topic though, hopefully an update would help to alleviate many of the battery concerns here of the Note 5.