Battery life so far...

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the battery has been. Hopefully after it settles in and learns the usage, it will improve. A lot because my pixel fold is doing better ATM.

Reactions: MarVaRa

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Samsung can be pretty aggressive with sleeping apps. I had to turn it off on my S23 ultra because I would open an app after a while and would have to sign back in and my password wouldn't be saved. Some apps need to work in the background but rarely need to be opened. This is how your battery life will improve over time by Samsung putting them into deep sleep. They won't even auto update from the Play store until you actually open the app. Then it will prompt you to update it.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine has begun to settle down. I had to do what I have had to do on all my Samsung historical, which is go into recovery and clear cache. Once I do this it helps.

Reactions: BEaRebel

Hugh Jass

Jan 22, 2024
Visit site
Well my first battery test is complete, I charged to 100% last night and left it all night with AOD, and these are my results with everything that can kill it enabled, I was indoors so I used adaptive brightness most of the day. I'm super impressed. I'd have killed my S20 3x over with this kind of usage. For reference this morning I unplugged the S20 at 100% and didn't use it all day, it's at 84% now...with power savings on. I'm beginning to understand why Samsung moved to 7 years of support. The battery has the potential to last far longer with so many fewer charges necessary. This thing is a home run IMO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240127_204435_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_204435_Device care.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20240127_205216_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_205216_Device care.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 97

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Well my first battery test is complete, I charged to 100% last night and left it all night with AOD, and these are my results with everything that can kill it enabled, I was indoors so I used adaptive brightness most of the day. I'm super impressed. I'd have killed my S20 3x over with this kind of usage. For reference this morning I unplugged the S20 at 100% and didn't use it all day, it's at 84% now...with power savings on. I'm beginning to understand why Samsung moved to 7 years of support. The battery has the potential to last far longer with so many fewer charges necessary. This thing is a home run IMO.
Appreciate the detailed report!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My battery is pretty good on day 2. Should improve over the next week.
83b9106a130f9c625c16c0315e06f274.jpg

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Samsung can be pretty aggressive with sleeping apps. I had to turn it off on my S23 ultra because I would open an app after a while and would have to sign back in and my password wouldn't be saved. Some apps need to work in the background but rarely need to be opened. This is how your battery life will improve over time by Samsung putting them into deep sleep. They won't even auto update from the Play store until you actually open the app. Then it will prompt you to update it.
And this drives me crazy because some of the apps I use with less frequency but the last thing I need is for them to glitch due to needing updated. Sometimes the Play Store doesn't refresh quickly and it takes maybe 10 minutes or so before it shows up needing to be updated.

I know you can disable apps from being put to sleep when you get the warning, but that's kind of a pain to scroll through the list, cherry picking which ones I think I will want to use soon.