Note 5 Battery life thread

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That is why I asked you if you turn off data. If you turn off data, then changing your wifi settings won't work. People that don't turn off data, don't have that issue.

People don't have to turn off Google Now and Facebook and other things they want to use. That is what I'm talking about you aren't understanding. I'm not using Google Now at this moment, always have in the past.. Rather had it running and rarely used it. I don't turn off Facebook, nor Google Now, etc and I get great battery life. People that have bad signal issues are the ones having problems with Google Now, which is to be expected. It sends a lot of location and uses cell signal also for location, unless you set it to GPS only, which isn't as accurate and most people want high accuracy location.

No one is restricting their phone nor turning it into a dumb phone nor being told to. With Medic in this thread, and I worked with him on his Note 4, his Google Now was using a ton of his battery. My advice to him with his Note 4 was, if he really didn't use that a lot or if there were other things he could use for the same things, he might want to turn it off. If he used it a lot, he would have to deal with the drain.

I use Facebook a lot. They have gotten the app under control, but back when it was using 400 MB of RAM and causing RAM problems, I got rid of it for a while. That was a Facebook issue on any phone running KitKat and above.

I'm still not getting where you think anyone is telling anyone to turn off all the features of their phones.
Others in this thread HAVE suggested freezing those apps. That is MY point. You add up all the suggestions from everyone you have a dumb phone. If you use wifi sleep you either use more data or burn more battery since when wifi disconnects lte uses more battery than wifi. If wifi truly sleeps many people who leave data on still get no notifications until phone is manually awoken.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Look for this.. Are both of these enabled? If so, you might need to enable that yahoo weather one also.

Package Disabler is fantastic, I now have no desire to root. I'm wondering how long it will be before Samsung blocks this for us though.

I downloaded disabler pro. Before I use it I just want to make sure that it does everything automatically? Meaning it's going to remove bloatware or do I need to go through everything one by one and check off what I want removed? If that's the case does anyone have lost of what can be removed? I have AccuWeather so I don't necessarily need wester although I'd like to use the stock one if it means getting better battery with this.

Also when an update happens from carrier is there an auto restore that will return to original state?

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Others in this thread HAVE suggested freezing those apps. That is MY point. You add up all the suggestions from everyone you have a dumb phone. If you use wifi sleep you either use more data or burn more battery since when wifi disconnects lte uses more battery than wifi. If wifi truly sleeps many people who leave data on still get no notifications until phone is manually awoken.

If you use WiFi sleep, you burn minute, tiny amounts of data, unless you have your phone never shutting off. The data for a notification is nothing. I know, I'm on WiFi 80% of the time and even with actual data used, I rarely get a gb every month.

Oeole have suggested for some that have signal issues and are using Google Now to maybe turn it off. I would to.

I don't even have Google Now set up. Google Now aka Google App is an app, not a function of the smartphone. We haven't even had Google Now that long. It came out somewhere around ICS I think.

And no where my phone is sleeping and WiFi is off, it doesn't stop the notifications I have set to come in, from coming in. My phone wakes me up a couple of times a night every night, more some other nights.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded disabler pro. Before I use it I just want to make sure that it does everything automatically? Meaning it's going to remove bloatware or do I need to go through everything one by one and check off what I want removed? If that's the case does anyone have lost of what can be removed? I have AccuWeather so I don't necessarily need wester although I'd like to use the stock one if it means getting better battery with this.

Also when an update happens from carrier is there an auto restore that will return to original state?

There are things out there people have suggested it you can tell it to disable all bloatware and it picks a lot of stuff. Personally, I suggest you go through and choose what you want disabled.

Also don't know that you need to auto restore, but you just choose to re-enable all in the menu.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
There are things out there people have suggested it you can tell it to disable all bloatware and it picks a lot of stuff. Personally, I suggest you go through and choose what you want disabled.

Also don't know that you need to auto restore, but you just choose to re-enable all in the menu.

Jesus. I won't know where to begin

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
First full real day of use yesterday, no problem getting me through the day

Attachments

• 1443483331239.jpg
    1443483331239.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 57

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
You can tell by reading what they are. They say the pink is bloatware and some is, but some is extra stuff, like Side Sync or Quick Connect stuff to share between phones, etc.

I just chose Disable All Bloatware. I'm hoping that's fine. If anything happens I'll just re-enable it all and go from there.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
List in the XDA developer thread

I disabled all bloatware and other packages. Phone works fine, but there is still maybe or 2 apps draining my battery, But I use them all the time. I don't have great signal as it goes from 2 to 3 bars.

That gets some stuff I use, Facebook being one and then a lot if other stuff. The delete all bloatware just got too much that I used.

LiveFaith

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The fact that one thousand six hundred plus comments have been made over a battery is so ironic. How meaningless this would be if the device was simply capable of swapping batteries when it gets low.
#goingbackward

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The fact that one thousand six hundred plus comments have been made over a battery is so ironic. How meaningless this would be if the device was simply capable of swapping batteries when it gets low.
#goingbackward

Actually the isn't correct. Every single device has battery threads and we have been directing everyone with battery issues here.

Have you read all the posts? I have.

Many of those posts are mine on helping people.

Many are posts with people with specific issues, such as a low signal issue and that includes discussion of signal boosters.

We also have discussions of the new package disabler app in here.

Also one thing many of you haven't taken into account, we have MANY that have come from iPhones to the Note 5 and they many of them don't know a lot of things to disable, what they can disable, how things will run up their battery. There are many more iPhone users that have switched to the Note 5 than ever switched ro other Notes.

So your observation, based on post count and not the actual thread, is incorrect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall