Note 5 questions

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey there guys, I just got my note 5 on t-mobile today and so far I am loving it! I do have 2 questions about things/animations with the device though.

1. With the wallpaper motion effect on, when you guys press the multi-task button and then exit the multi task does the screen kind of jolt or move a little? When I say screen I mean wallpaper of course.

2. And second, sometimes when I turn wake the phone up or swipe to the screen on the left (I put the calendar widget there) it seems like the widget isn't there for a split second and then has to load in. Also has happened with the clock/weather widget on the phone at times.

Are these animation jumps/jolts a normal thing?

*Edit* I will try and take a video of the things I am talking about a little later.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about the calendar thing, but my wallpaper has moved on me. Either when I wake the phone up, or when I come out of an app or something.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I figure the wallpaper moving is just dependent on the position of your phone, cause when I hold the phone in my hand at an angle or just tilted slightly is when it happens. When the phone is on a flat surface it doesn't happen. Thanks for answering btw. appreciate that.

cstrasz

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Switched from Note 3 to 5, some questions

As far as I can tell, to bring up the recent apps I press the button to the left of the home button. On my note 3, I had it setup so that double tapping the home button brought up the recent apps, and holding it down brought up google now.

I probably did this with some 3rd party app, but it's been ages. Does anyone know how to change this? From what I'm seeing, you basically have no way to bring up the menu in programs short of using your other hand to press the menu button on the screen itself, which kind of sucks.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Does the note 5 have that same theme application as the s6, I ordered mine today unlocked and its due be delivered tuesday but wanted to confirm if anyone knew if the theme support was there on this device. thanks.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I figure the wallpaper moving is just dependent on the position of your phone, cause when I hold the phone in my hand at an angle or just tilted slightly is when it happens. When the phone is on a flat surface it doesn't happen. Thanks for answering btw. appreciate that.

Yes there is a setting to turn wallpaper moving on or off.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Go into your apps. Then hit edit upper right hand corner. Then tap and hold on app you want to move and slide it ontop of another app you want it grouped with. It will make a folder and ask you to name it. On homescreen you just tap and hold app and move it on top of the app you want to group it with.

Anyone know how to create app folders?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

cstrasz

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Switched from Note 3 to 5, some questions

I also noticed you can no longer long press on an icon on the home screens to uninstall, just to remove them. Was that a change they did with the new OS or is that something that only 3rd party launchers handle?

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is their a way to add more then 5 home icons on the bottom tray? My lg g2 housed up to 7 and this is a bigger phone and can only do 5. Well technically 4 because the app icon wont budge.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Is their a way to add more then 5 home icons on the bottom tray? My lg g2 housed up to 7 and this is a bigger phone and can only do 5. Well technically 4 because the app icon wont budge.

As far as I know you would have to use a 3rd party launcher like nova

Posted via the Android Central App

uberclaud

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Note 5 today, had a Note 4
Might take it back tomorrow
No menu button and what was the menu button is dedicated to multitasking and unlike note 4 you cannot turn off multi tasking to reassign the button.
I have some old unsupported apps I use every day that I can use. One of them, check register, I can't find a viable replacement with a overflow menu bar.
Why would they take away the menu button.
Phone is not faster either and battery is not impressing me

Inhocmark

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Samsung changed up the left button on the Tab S. It took some time to get used to but holding the back button on the right side for a few seconds brings up options in Apps. I like it now. More reliable than holding the centre button and quicker for multitasking.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Note 5 today, had a Note 4
Might take it back tomorrow
No menu button and what was the menu button is dedicated to multitasking and unlike note 4 you cannot turn off multi tasking to reassign the button.
I have some old unsupported apps I use every day that I can use. One of them, check register, I can't find a viable replacement with a overflow menu bar.
Why would they take away the menu button.
Phone is not faster either and battery is not impressing me

:) , So, I guess you didn't notice the posts above yours in this very thread? Hold down the BACK button (not the Multi-task), and it is the old menu key.

uberclaud

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
This doesn't work for all apps.
It's really frustrating

I guess it doesn't work
I've tried

It doesn't work just exits out or in another app does nothing

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members