Quick Charging

SchlepNT

May 1, 2011
Visit site
The Note 4 used to display a message that Fast Charging was enabled once plugged in. I'm not seeing that on the Note 5, and it seems to be taking quite a while to charge. Anyone know if there's something I'm missing?

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not seeing "fast charging" as the notification when I plug in my phone with the cord and the charger unit that came with the phone.

EDIT: When I put in my Aukey QC charger with the long microusb cable I got from Amazon, it says "fast charging."

Could it possibly be that the Samsung charger that came with the phone that says it's a fast charger is dead?

EDIT II: Tried the Samsung charger that came with the phone with the 6ft microUSB cable I got from Amazon and it says fast charging.

EDIT III: And now it doesn't.

EDIT IV: And now I tried the default Samsung charger and default cord on another outlet in another room and it said "fast charging."

What's going on here? Is it the phone or a setting or the chargers or the cord?

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine today and noticed that there's no option to enable fast charging. It says fast charging when I plug it in, but no way to disable it as far as I can see

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Terry Hoang

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Actually you can disable fast charging!

Go to settings
Than click accessories
You should see fast charging!

I have a dual sim note 5

Posted via the Android Central App

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm not seeing "fast charging" as the notification when I plug in my phone with the cord and the charger unit that came with the phone.

EDIT: When I put in my Aukey QC charger with the long microusb cable I got from Amazon, it says "fast charging."

Could it possibly be that the Samsung charger that came with the phone that says it's a fast charger is dead?

EDIT II: Tried the Samsung charger that came with the phone with the 6ft microUSB cable I got from Amazon and it says fast charging.

EDIT III: And now it doesn't.

EDIT IV: And now I tried the default Samsung charger and default cord on another outlet in another room and it said "fast charging."

What's going on here? Is it the phone or a setting or the chargers or the cord?

IF you tried it in another outlet in another room and it said fast charging (which is what I think you are saying in EDIT IV) then it could be an issue with your outlet.

My house was built in the 1960s, and there is one room downstairs where the outlets are a different color (much older) than the rest of the house and my phone won't quick charge there. It quick charges fine everywere else.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually you can disable fast charging!

Go to settings
Than click accessories
You should see fast charging!

I have a dual sim note 5

I don't want to disable. I was just noting that there is no option to disable it.
I also don't see an accessories menu under settings.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
IF you tried it in another outlet in another room and it said fast charging (which is what I think you are saying in EDIT IV) then it could be an issue with your outlet.

My house was built in the 1960s, and there is one room downstairs where the outlets are a different color (much older) than the rest of the house and my phone won't quick charge there. It quick charges fine everywere else.

That's what I was thinking but I tried using the fast charger at work (in a power strip) with the Samsung head and 6ft cord I got from Amazon and it didn't work, but the Samsung head and the included 3ft cord worked fine with it.

It just seems hit or miss unless I'm using the Aukey charger + 6 ft cable.

Joseph Buenaobra

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem with the cable that came with my note 5. I used my old note 4 charger and it shows "fast charge assist" or whatever but when use the new cable that came with the phone im getting that "slow charging notification". It must be defective.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem with the cable that came with my note 5. I used my old note 4 charger and it shows "fast charge assist" or whatever but when use the new cable that came with the phone im getting that "slow charging notification". It must be defective.

You can call Samsung and do a return on the entire charger and they will send you a new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87