Why didn't you go with the edge+?

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
S pen, and the fact the note 5 felt better in my hands. Last year i told myself if the note 5 comes out in edge version with both sides curved, I would buy it. Alas that didn't happen

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the s6 edge plus for all of about 4 days (got my pre-order early) to figure out that the Note 5 was better.. Yes the sexy'ness of the curve is cool, but function wise it was eh. If you put any notification apps( messages, facebook, email) on the side apps page then the only reminder of a notification is in the status bar. Also I feel like the note 5 is easier to hold in hand without a case.. I feel S-pen is better than side apps edge..

NOW if the s6 edge plus came with a S-pen then yes I would've stayed with it lol

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I went from a Note 4 to S6 edge. I used s-note a lot. This is the main reason why I chose the note 5. It has the speed, camera, fingerprint scanner of the S6E in addition to the S-pen. I also like the calendar on the S6E versus the Note 4.

JEffler01

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
S-Pen, that I'm using to write this post with. my phone spends a lot of time in my gym shorts pocket when I'm lifting so not being able to protect the glass edges was a deal breaker. did I mention the s-Pen ?

Posted via the Android Central App

RajCaj

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
It's essentially the same phone, but the Note5 has the S Pen and it is like $200-$300 cheaper. The S6 edge didn't make sense to me. It wasn't very functional, so the S6 edge+ makes even less sense. If the S6 edge+ was the upgraded version of the Note Edge from last year, I probably would have purchased it.

I'd be interested in knowing when they decided on their 2015 portfolio of phones. Given there is no good explanation for the S6 Edge Plus...you'd think it was a knee jerk reaction by Samsung given the higher than expected demand of the S6 Edge. However, going from design to production to exporting for sale seems like it would take a longer time than when Samsung got the S6 Edge sales results back.

I agree with your last statement....they should have refined the prior Note Edge, but being consistent with Samsung's priority of looks over utility.....it seems they ditched the more functional single sided & larger curved edge screen for a less functional but more aesthetic double sided & narrow curved edge screen.

Quite frankly....Samsung is all over the place in their mobile department and I haven't been able to make sense of their highly diversified & fragmented strategy.

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My original S6E all had issues with the images being distorted on the edges or discoloration along the edges. Went with the Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

Agree :cool:
I have an S6 Edge and while the device is very nice I was having distortion issues with movies and some games.
When I tried the Note 5 in hand, ergonomically it felt very good and the distortion was not there.
Now I'm finding the stylus is a pretty good tool :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress