Home button

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm relatively new to Android, and well, Lollipop in particular.

To confirm, when one presses the home button, you STILL have to swipe to get to the home screen, right?

On iOS, I'd simply press the home button once, and I'm at the home screen (once finger print recognized my print), with Lollipop it seems like to two step process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

To confirm, when one presses the home button, you STILL have to swipe to get to the home screen, right?

On iOS, I'd simply press the home button once, and I'm at the home screen (once finger print recognized my print), with Lollipop it seems like to two step process.

Two step process. Now with finger print scan, you might have to tap the home button and then out your thumb down again. This is still new for me.

Let me get inside and change some settings and do some testing. It is odd how much you just do put of habit and don't remember the steps.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Press the button, then keep your finger there. It will read your print then take you to the home screen.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just tested and this made me turn back on for my phone to secure lock when I press the power button.

Now if it is secure locked by fingerprint, and that is your thumb, you can just press the home button and hold it until the screen comes on.

Otherwise if you push the button to turn on the phone, while secure locked, you just place your thumb there until it unlocks. If you have any time set, like. 10 minutes that the phone will be stay unlocked or if using trusted places, you will do the two step process and swipe to unlock.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't it depend on what launcher you are using and your home button action settings?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. The issue was that I had a 15 minute time window to lock. Thus the two step process...

I've turned off the time limit, and now it works with one step, i.e. just the finger print check.

I appreciate the help.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. The issue was that I had a 15 minute time window to lock. Thus the two step process...

I've turned off the time limit, and now it works with one step, i.e. just the finger print check.

I appreciate the help.

Yeah I didn't realize it would work with the one step like that by holding, so I turned my time off too.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I didn't realize it would work with the one step like that by holding, so I turned my time off too.
Holding the finger down to unlock and go to the previous screen is great. I prefer this is Android wear trusted device as with that you still have to swipe to unlock.

Worked on the s6e as well.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Holding the finger down to unlock and go to the previous screen is great. I prefer this is Android wear trusted device as with that you still have to swipe to unlock.

Worked on the s6e as well.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Yeah I figured it worked on the S6 because of the new fingerprint reader. I'm glad I discovered this, one step and I can just keep the secure lock always.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Im glad someone mentioned just holding your finger down! I like that.

Also very happy with how well the fingerprint unlock works over the note4!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Press the button, then keep your finger there. It will read your print then take you to the home screen.

This was discussed in the Tips and Tricks thread. I do it and I wonder if it was because I saw iPhone users doing it. My S5 I had to swipe, so it took a little time to realize this, but did it a few times and it worked, so I added it to that thread (which is long, I know). Almost all my coworkers have iProducts.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My brain must be like jelly! I just got a new Note 5 today, and was setting it up. I had this same issue again, having to finger print unlock AND swipe. I had to search all my old threads to find my answer. LMAO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez