Auto Brightness

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with auto brightness. I feel like it doesn't dim like it should. Sometime I am in a dark room and the screen is super bright.

Posted via the Android Central App

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand how the auto brightness works myself. Seems if you leave it all the way to the darkest setting and put auto brightness on the phone will adjust dimness but even the brightest will be pretty dim. If you have on the brightest setting, the lowest will still be pretty bright, and the brightest will be blinding... At least that's what I'm thinking. If that makes any sense.

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with auto brightness. I feel like it doesn't dim like it should. Sometime I am in a dark room and the screen is super bright.

I only ever use manual setting just for this reason.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
If uncheck and check auto brightness it works the way should... but then it eventually reverts back to being bright

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine has stayed bright a few times rather than dimming when the lights are dimmed. Turning the screen on and off again fixes it.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I tend to leave auto brightness on when I'm out and about, but as soon as I get home I start controlling it manually.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Clearly with the volume of people saying to "Uncheck it, and recheck auto brightness", this is a common thing. Is this an Android this, or merely a Lollipop OS thing?

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes just noticed it having in bed. Was super bright unchecked and checked again then its super dim even on 50%