Wireless Charger Info

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
As many have mentioned on this site, the wireless charger that was given out on promotion with the purchase of the new Note 5, has issues with the blue blinking light. Mine would charge for 2-3 minutes and then start blinking blue, and all charging to the phone would stop. I contacted Samsung about this issue, and they sent me two UPS 2nd Day Air labels to return the chargers back to them. I received email confirmation today that they are replacing my 2 units with the new Wireless Fast Charger. The email said the item is currently out of stock, but would be shipped as soon as they became available.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up as to what they did for me. I would assume they are well aware of the problem and will rectify the situation at the customers request.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have issues worth mine too. I have to place a certain way for it to charge through otherwise it stops charging eventually. Which is kinda dumb. The point is to place and walk away. But if i have to be tedious about placing them i might as well use the cables.

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
They're telling me and making me go back to best buy as we speak. Maybe I'll copy and paste the convo a little later...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just had an online chat with a Samsung rep too and he told me the same thing. He said if I contact the place of purchase (Best Buy) within 30 days, they will replace it with the new fast charger model. I'll call them tomorrow.

Bkayrac

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I just had an online chat with a Samsung rep too and he told me the same thing. He said if I contact the place of purchase (Best Buy) within 30 days, they will replace it with the new fast charger model. I'll call them tomorrow.

Wait, bestbuy is replacing the slow chargers they gave out with the note 5 promotion, with the new fast chargers?

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Who knows. I'll find out. The Samsung rep said if I contact the place of purchase within 30 days, they will replace it with the new fast charger model. For me, the place of purchase was Best Buy.

Bkayrac

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Who knows. I'll find out. The Samsung rep said if I contact the place of purchase within 30 days, they will replace it with the new fast charger model. For me, the place of purchase was Best Buy.

My chat guy is pretty wishy washy. I verify they will exchange it with the new fast charger, he says yes. And then he says it's best buys promotion.......I don't think he understands what I am saying :p

He also called the OP a liar, saying they will only replace it with the exact same model :|, bummer.

EDIT again, at the end he said he was confident bestbuy would exchange it for the new fast charger........So who knows.

OldTrader

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I talked to Samsung and all I got was the run-a-round, unplug to reset, must be level, etc. They wouldn't do more. Unfortunately, I am on my second charger and am going back to BB today to see what they say. I have learned, at least in my case, that if I place a tri-folded piece of copy paper, also folded in half on the x-axis, on the charger to raise the phone up, it works perfectly. I got this idea from another thread on here where the poster mentioned leaving his in a box or something which accidentally caused the charger to work. Maybe we don't hear more because everyone's phone is in a case which raises the phone up some,,,idk. It would be nice if someone in addition to me could try the paper or similar with theirs to see if it works.

mlprce

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Went to best buy to try to either exchange the charger or just return. Best buy said I could return but I would only get a blank sheet of paper back. Then they said to contact samsung. I'm thinking they already had a few returns because their wireless chargers were all gone. So I started an online chat with Samsung today and told them my problems. They gave me the support number to call, they are closed today. But what's funny is this comment from the rep..
Steva:*We have a dedicated team from the charger replacement, shall I provide you with the contact details?
Not sure what that means, guess I'll have to find out Monday since they are closed for the weekend. The number they gave me was 1-800-757-0280.

Posted via the Android Central App

nicrom72

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I got mine about an hour ago, my phone battery was at 79% when I set it on the charger. The light turned blue and charged for about five minutes and the light started to blink. I picked up my phone, set it back down and got the same result. I had a chat session with Samsung and was told to contact BB. I had already talked to them before I left with the charger and was told if I have a problem, I should contact Samsung.
At the end of the chat session , I was given a trouble ticket number and a 800 number to Samsung customer service. I called them, gave them the ticket number, and they emailed me a UPS lable to send this one back for an exchange. I didn't bother asking if he was aware of all the issues because he was at call center that is not in this country. I guess we'll see what I get for a replacement .

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for providing the number.

Went to best buy to try to either exchange the charger or just return. Best buy said I could return but I would only get a blank sheet of paper back. Then they said to contact samsung. I'm thinking they already had a few returns because their wireless chargers were all gone. So I started an online chat with Samsung today and told them my problems. They gave me the support number to call, they are closed today. But what's funny is this comment from the rep..
Steva:*We have a dedicated team from the charger replacement, shall I provide you with the contact details?
Not sure what that means, guess I'll have to find out Monday since they are closed for the weekend. The number they gave me was 1-800-757-0280.

Posted via the Android Central App

OldTrader

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I talked to Samsung and all I got was the run-a-round, unplug to reset, must be level, etc. They wouldn't do more. Unfortunately, I am on my second charger and am going back to BB today to see what they say. I have learned, at least in my case, that if I place a tri-folded piece of copy paper, also folded in half on the x-axis, on the charger to raise the phone up, it works perfectly. I got this idea from another thread on here where the poster mentioned leaving his in a box or something which accidentally caused the charger to work. Maybe we don't hear more because everyone's phone is in a case which raises the phone up some,,,idk. It would be nice if someone in addition to me could try the paper or similar with theirs to see if it works.

Quoting myself, lol, but I just back from BB and the Samsung rep told me they are aware of the problem and he has been told by Samsung that the defective chargers are part of a bad batch. My local BB is ordering new chargers for us, hopefully from a different batch. Should have my 3rd charger on the 2nd.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just a follow up on my end. Went to BB yesterday to exchange my defective charger for the new fast charger. They didn't have any in stock and said they didn't know when they would be getting them, but that I could do an exchange for the same model if I wanted. So, I figured why not...if I have the same problem again, then I will just hold out for the fast charger exchange. Anyway, tried out the replacement charger last night and it worked perfectly. Fully charged overnight with no issues. Sounds like reports of a bad batch of these chargers is true. Glad I got one from the good batch this time.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is somewhat off topic. I've never used a wireless charger, thinking of doing so with the 5. Will it work through a case?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty