Anyone else get accepted for Samsung Pay Beta?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Finally got to try Samsung Pay beta yesterday. Purchased some stuff at Camping World on a standard Veriphone Terminal - worked fine. Last evening though, my wife and I stopped at a Red Robine Burger place here in MA and they had just installed new Ziosk (ziosk.com) terminals at every table. You can order drinks, appetizers and desserts from them but you can also pay your entire bill when you're done eating. I told our waiter what I wanted to do so he got the floor supervisor and their Manager involved, only because they had never heard of Samsung Pay. We did the transaction - smooth as butter and they were all impressed (as was I). I'm really liking this thing!

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Finally got to try Samsung Pay beta yesterday. Purchased some stuff at Camping World on a standard Veriphone Terminal - worked fine. Last evening though, my wife and I stopped at a Red Robine Burger place here in MA and they had just installed new Ziosk (ziosk.com) terminals at every table. You can order drinks, appetizers and desserts from them but you can also pay your entire bill when you're done eating. I told our waiter what I wanted to do so he got the floor supervisor and their Manager involved, only because they had never heard of Samsung Pay. We did the transaction - smooth as butter and they were all impressed (as was I). I'm really liking this thing!

Did it have NFC also?

Posted via the Android Central App

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Did it have NFC also?

Posted via the Android Central App

No r56mcs, I have NFC turned "Off".

Today, I picked up our pool closing chemicals (hate this time of year) and they had an OLD Ingenico card reader. The cashier said "Well, you're welcome to try but we've had 3 failed iPhone attempts and then my Manager tried his Google Wallet from his Galaxy S5 and it wouldn't work either." I said "Well, if you don't mind my trying, this is brand new from Samsung and is supposed to work on terminals that none of the others can". His Manager overheard us and said "Let's give it a shot" - the cashier ran the transaction, set it up for credit card swype then said "Go for it". The Cashier from the next register had turned to watch and she was the first to say "Wow - it worked". The Manager stood there with his mouth open and the other cashier said "Wow" then handed me the digitizer pen to sign with. Of course, then I had to step out of the way and give the Manager the entire story with what phones it worked with, etc. My cashier said "My iPhone is due for an upgrade with Sprint - I know what I'm doing!!!" That's it - just some more input on what I've done with it.

schj98

May 22, 2010
Visit site
If the merchant has EMV (Chip cards) working I have not had to sign with MST. When they did not have EMV I have had to sign if over the no signature required $ amount.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty