I'm sure there is a million other posts like this, but what is the final "verdict" on the Note 5. I currently have the Galaxy S5 on Verizon with it's "mega bootloader" and it has been a great phone. This month I have an upgrade; is it worth making the upgrade to the Note 5? If so, should I switch to another carrier?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-04-2015 05:38 PM
    Absolutely yes on the upgrade to the note 5. As far as carrier, choose the one that works best for you.
    09-04-2015 08:04 PM
    As an American would say, "Do the damn thing..."
    djroy03 likes this.
    09-04-2015 08:10 PM
    Absolutely, with out hesitation I wholeheartedly recommend this phone.

BTW, 3 weeks ago I wouldn't have given a plug nickel for it, but after going and seeing it in person and actually using it now for 2 full weeks I think it's the best phone I have ever owned.

There will always be tradeoffs to contend with but when I add the pro column up vs the negative column it is so lopsided for the pros it's ridiculous.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-04-2015 08:24 PM
    If you want another Samsung phone definitely get the Note 5. I upgraded from the S6 edge. Traded in the S6 edge due to battery issues. I have had the Note 5 for 2 weeks now and no problems so far.

As far as carriers go, go with the one that will work best for you where you live and work. I was on Verizon for years mainly because Verizon was the only carrier with LTE in my area. When T-Mobile finally got LTE I decided to try them out. I have been with T-Mobile for a year now and could not be happier.

09-04-2015 10:03 PM
    For me, Most definitely, the note 5 is an upgrade over the s5. Depends on your needs of course

Carrier wise, depends... If another carrier offers the services that you need for less and has a good network where you need it, then by all means, you should switch.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-04-2015 10:16 PM
    Thanks for all of your opinions!

The only reason why I'm hating Verizon is the mega bootloader they put on my phone to prevent downgrading OS through ODIN!

The only other carrier in my area that is reasonable is AT&T and even then they aren't great.

09-09-2015 09:29 PM
    Thanks for all of your opinions!

The only reason why I'm hating Verizon is the mega bootloader they put on my phone to prevent downgrading OS through ODIN!

The only other carrier in my area that is reasonable is AT&T and even then they aren't great.

The way I look at it, if you are worried about bootloaders and such get a Nexus or Moto and be done with it.

Your carrier is another story though cause it always seems to me that there is more bloat and more issues directly related to them than all others.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5
    09-09-2015 10:13 PM