Touchwiz

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
So I'm currently thinking of upgrading my oneplus one but one thing that gets in the way is my disdane for touchwiz. Question is for those who don't like touchwiz(NY last phone was a galaxy s4) has your opinion of touchwiz changed.

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
From the note 4 to the note 5, TouchWiz is just fine for me. But honestly, I'm not one of those people who are super into stock Android and I find that TouchWiz offers more for my usage than stock Android could. As far as looks go, slap a launcher and material theme, and you should be fine as appearances go, but if you are an android purist then I don't know. The only thing that bothered me about the note 4 was the speed and battery life and the note 5 has fixed that.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Had the S3, S4, S5, Note 3, Note 4 and now Note 5. TouchWiz was always pretty heavy on top of android and always seemed to be the culprit in slowing down prior phones but that's not the case in my time with the Note 5. No issues here. As for the look of TouchWiz, it hasn't changed a lot, some but not a lot. Themes and or a launcher can change all that for you. The Note 5 runs great, so yes, IMO TouchWiz is much improved.

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks , I might consider the note 5 hopefully the note 5 comes to my carrier (koodo). Battery life is essential and NY one plus has great battery life.

dudeman702

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
If you're worried about touchwiz, you can disable most of the bloatware. If you're talking about maybe the look of it not being stock android, you can also use themes to replicate a stock look. IMO Touchwiz isn't the intrusive UI it used to be, you might like what it offers.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
On my Note 4 I ran Nova. On my Note 5, I am happy with Touchwiz with the Material design theme. First time on any android phone I'm not using Nova.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
On my Note 4 I ran Nova. On my Note 5, I am happy with Touchwiz with the Material design theme. First time on any android phone I'm not using Nova.

Ditto that. I'm trying out different themes from the store, but haven't touched Nova yet. At this point, I only miss the gestures. Everything else works for me. A first indeed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87