Galaxy Note 5 keyboard/phone issues

Mznik60620

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Anybody having issues where you can be typing and the keyboard just goes away? Also while watching videos the screen dims and the video stops/pauses? This started yesterday and I have cleared the cache, deleted apps, and rebooted several times. I am trying to avoid doing a factory reset because I'm thinking it's a software issue.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Mariah I don't see Developer options. Is it under another submenu under settings?
If you don't see developer options, they are likely not enabled yet on your phone, in which case the setting mentioned by Mariah should already be off by default.

If you want to enable developer options, go to the "about device" menu and repeatedly click on the build number.

Mznik60620

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you don't see developer options, they are likely not enabled yet on your phone, in which case the setting mentioned by Mariah should already be off by default.

If you want to enable developer options, go to the "about device" menu and repeatedly click on the build number.

Thanks that worked so that I could see Developer options but it was turned off and the phone is still doing this nonsense. It's like the phone is timing out or something because no matter what screen I'm in the screen goes dim and if I had the keyboard up it goes away smh. I may have to do a hard reset

ielement v2

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Anybody having issues where you can be typing and the keyboard just goes away? Also while watching videos the screen dims and the video stops/pauses? This started yesterday and I have cleared the cache, deleted apps, and rebooted several times. I am trying to avoid doing a factory reset because I'm thinking it's a software issue.

Hi I'm having the same exact issue. It doesn't matter whether I'm typing in whatsapp or in the Google Chrome browser, the Samsung Keyboard seems to "crash" (or simply disappear) randomly. Yesterday it happened about 5 times while writing a friend a short message on whatsapp. The Keyboard disappears and sets me back to the Chat menu, it's the same as if I would press the back button twice.
Alltogether the keyboard diassapeared over 30 times now in less than 3 days use. VERY ANNOYING!!

The Keyboard never crashed while using the s-pen to type in the letters and it also never happened while the s-pen was detached and I typed with my fingers...so maybe it's an s-pen issue?!

I have made a factory reset, it didn't help. I have downloaded a different Keyboard (swiftkey from the playstore), didn't help. Also tried to do what Mariah Richardson said, but "Do not Keep activities" was turned off by Default for me.

Did you solve the issue yet???

gooner8688

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm having the same exact issue. It doesn't matter whether I'm typing in whatsapp or in the Google Chrome browser, the Samsung Keyboard seems to "crash" (or simply disappear) randomly. Yesterday it happened about 5 times while writing a friend a short message on whatsapp. The Keyboard disappears and sets me back to the Chat menu, it's the same as if I would press the back button twice.
Alltogether the keyboard diassapeared over 30 times now in less than 3 days use. VERY ANNOYING!!

The Keyboard never crashed while using the s-pen to type in the letters and it also never happened while the s-pen was detached and I typed with my fingers...so maybe it's an s-pen issue?!

I have made a factory reset, it didn't help. I have downloaded a different Keyboard (swiftkey from the playstore), didn't help. Also tried to do what Mariah Richardson said, but "Do not Keep activities" was turned off by Default for me.

I had the same issue. I think it's got to do with the edge to edge display. Got a case that covers the edges from being touched and the problem went away.

Mznik60620

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I did a factory reset and it solved the issue. No problems so far since the reset

ielement v2

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue. I think it's got to do with the edge to edge display. Got a case that covers the edges from being touched and the problem went away.

Yea I also think it has to do with the edge to edge Display. Maybe that's why everything works fine with the s-pen, because you dont touch the Display with your fingers.

The factory reset did nothing for me. At first I thought I fixed the Problem, because the Keyboard seemed to work fine, but after a couple of Long Messages in whatsapp it started going away again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty