Anybody having issues where you can be typing and the keyboard just goes away? Also while watching videos the screen dims and the video stops/pauses? This started yesterday and I have cleared the cache, deleted apps, and rebooted several times. I am trying to avoid doing a factory reset because I'm thinking it's a software issue.
    ielement v2 likes this.
    09-15-2015 09:30 AM
    Go to settings > Developer options. Scroll all the way to the bottom and make sure "Do not keep activities" is turned OFF.
    09-15-2015 10:46 AM
    Mariah I don't see Developer options. Is it under another submenu under settings?
    09-15-2015 11:13 AM
    All the way at the bottom of the settings list. Under "system." The green icons.
    09-15-2015 11:22 AM
    Mariah I don't see Developer options. Is it under another submenu under settings?
    If you don't see developer options, they are likely not enabled yet on your phone, in which case the setting mentioned by Mariah should already be off by default.

If you want to enable developer options, go to the "about device" menu and repeatedly click on the build number.
    09-15-2015 12:40 PM
    If you don't see developer options, they are likely not enabled yet on your phone, in which case the setting mentioned by Mariah should already be off by default.

If you want to enable developer options, go to the "about device" menu and repeatedly click on the build number.
    Thanks that worked so that I could see Developer options but it was turned off and the phone is still doing this nonsense. It's like the phone is timing out or something because no matter what screen I'm in the screen goes dim and if I had the keyboard up it goes away smh. I may have to do a hard reset
    09-15-2015 01:37 PM
    Anybody having issues where you can be typing and the keyboard just goes away? Also while watching videos the screen dims and the video stops/pauses? This started yesterday and I have cleared the cache, deleted apps, and rebooted several times. I am trying to avoid doing a factory reset because I'm thinking it's a software issue.
    Hi I'm having the same exact issue. It doesn't matter whether I'm typing in whatsapp or in the Google Chrome browser, the Samsung Keyboard seems to "crash" (or simply disappear) randomly. Yesterday it happened about 5 times while writing a friend a short message on whatsapp. The Keyboard disappears and sets me back to the Chat menu, it's the same as if I would press the back button twice.
    Alltogether the keyboard diassapeared over 30 times now in less than 3 days use. VERY ANNOYING!!

The Keyboard never crashed while using the s-pen to type in the letters and it also never happened while the s-pen was detached and I typed with my fingers...so maybe it's an s-pen issue?!

I have made a factory reset, it didn't help. I have downloaded a different Keyboard (swiftkey from the playstore), didn't help. Also tried to do what Mariah Richardson said, but "Do not Keep activities" was turned off by Default for me.

Did you solve the issue yet???
    09-20-2015 10:34 AM
    Hi I'm having the same exact issue. It doesn't matter whether I'm typing in whatsapp or in the Google Chrome browser, the Samsung Keyboard seems to "crash" (or simply disappear) randomly. Yesterday it happened about 5 times while writing a friend a short message on whatsapp. The Keyboard disappears and sets me back to the Chat menu, it's the same as if I would press the back button twice.
    Alltogether the keyboard diassapeared over 30 times now in less than 3 days use. VERY ANNOYING!!

The Keyboard never crashed while using the s-pen to type in the letters and it also never happened while the s-pen was detached and I typed with my fingers...so maybe it's an s-pen issue?!

I have made a factory reset, it didn't help. I have downloaded a different Keyboard (swiftkey from the playstore), didn't help. Also tried to do what Mariah Richardson said, but "Do not Keep activities" was turned off by Default for me.

I had the same issue. I think it's got to do with the edge to edge display. Got a case that covers the edges from being touched and the problem went away.
    09-20-2015 05:12 PM

I did a factory reset and it solved the issue. No problems so far since the reset
    09-20-2015 09:04 PM
    No, I haven't had any of these issues.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    09-20-2015 09:15 PM
    I had the same issue. I think it's got to do with the edge to edge display. Got a case that covers the edges from being touched and the problem went away.
    Yea I also think it has to do with the edge to edge Display. Maybe that's why everything works fine with the s-pen, because you dont touch the Display with your fingers.

The factory reset did nothing for me. At first I thought I fixed the Problem, because the Keyboard seemed to work fine, but after a couple of Long Messages in whatsapp it started going away again.
    09-21-2015 07:09 AM
    I don't have the edge, I just have the Note 5
    09-21-2015 09:00 AM
    I don't have the edge, I just have the Note 5
    Same thing. The thin bezels cause this with random fingers overlapping a micro portion of the screen. I did this a lot before I got my case. I don't do it anymore.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-21-2015 12:40 PM