Another Samsung Pay Question

don Adams

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Is there a list of cards that will be available on launch day? I have several others such as Comerica and Capital One and am hoping to add those.

Also for those other cards such as non brick and mortar banks will there ever be an option for those?

Posted via the Android Central App

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any list other than the official site with B of A and US Bank. However, I just successfully added my Citibank card and got an email confirmation so I know that one works now too.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing most major cards will be added as this rolls out. It would make good business sense for the card companies to take part.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I would hope all major cards, regardless of any bank affiliation, will be compatible. If not, I won't be using it.

I bank with BofA, but I use my Cabela's Visa for 99% of my purchases (handy being able to pick up ammo, or gift cards for birthdays/holidays without actually spending anything).

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I would hope all major cards, regardless of any bank affiliation, will be compatible. If not, I won't be using it.

I bank with BofA, but I use my Cabela's Visa for 99% of my purchases (handy being able to pick up ammo, or gift cards for birthdays/holidays without actually spending anything).

Banks are an integral part of this. If they don't sign up, their cards won't be eligible.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Banks are an integral part of this. If they don't sign up, their cards won't be eligible.
I would think that Visa in and of itself could sign up, along with MasterCard, AmEx, Discover, etc.

If there's something stating that ONLY bank affiliated cards will be accepted (aside from the beta), I've not seen it.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I would think that Visa in and of itself could sign up, along with MasterCard, AmEx, Discover, etc.

If there's something stating that ONLY bank affiliated cards will be accepted (aside from the beta), I've not seen it.

The bank must be able to work with virtual card numbers, if they don't allow for it, it won't work.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
My amex was accepted.

The Beta program was not supposed to allow any other cards that are not Bank of America or US Bank cards, unless your Amex is from one of those 2 banks I must say you are really lucky.

I just tried both of my Amex cards and they failed to register as expected.

NatalieB2015

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
The Beta program was not supposed to allow any other cards that are not Bank of America or US Bank cards, unless your Amex is from one of those 2 banks I must say you are really lucky.

I just tried both of my Amex cards and they failed to register as expected.

Lucky or um, ignorant? :p It's a really fine line with me and technology. Upon receiving my Note 5, I played with Google Wallet and entered my US Bank debit card and my health savings account visa. That one was rejected. I then added the Amex card and it was accepted. I received a confirmation email that both the US Bank and Amex were added into the Wallet. I suspect now that I am talking about oranges on an apples thread.

Oops

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It's not beta any more. Samsung Pay went live yesterday, September 28. Since then people have been able to add not only the original B of A & US Bank cards but so far confirmed with Citibank and AMEX. Keep trying, you'll likely find another one that works.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
It's not beta any more. Samsung Pay went live yesterday, September 28. Since then people have been able to add not only the original B of A & US Bank cards but so far confirmed with Citibank and AMEX. Keep trying, you'll likely find another one that works.

What time period do you live in? Over here, on Earth, it's only the 22nd..

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
OK for the first time when trying to add my Amex I got an email from Amex saying they couldn't add my card and to call customer service....going to call and see what happens. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
OK for the first time when trying to add my Amex I got an email from Amex saying they couldn't add my card and to call customer service....going to call and see what happens. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yes, the same happened to me earlier when trying to add my 2 AMEX cards. I'm not expecting to get them to work until next Monday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty