New 28MB update today

morechoff

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
For ATT it was 28MB update. I have not noticed any differences yet. Samsung Pay is still not active, but it could be rolling out in stages. A while back I remember Samsung saying they will be rolling out monthly security updates. I suspect this is the monthly security update since we got a larger update a few weeks ago.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Getting the update now on AT&T. Samsung pay is so limited with support for such few banks no one I know uses the ones they support. If you still have to enter a pin number or code why bother with paying with your phone?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Getting the update now on AT&T. Samsung pay is so limited with support for such few banks no one I know uses the ones they support. If you still have to enter a pin number or code why bother with paying with your phone?

They should have more banks when it goes live.

Not sure about Samsung Pay, but I know with other tap and pay, I have to enter a PIN just like with my card. There are some good options for having it. First if you have a teen that has your card a lot, paying with your phone is great. Also the Marina at our lake place takes tap and pay and we can be out on the boat or walking down at the pier and I don't have to have my card, I can just use my phone.

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

I've been using Samsung Pay for about 3 weeks and have never used a pin or code, just my fingerprint, as it works similar to Apply Pay.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
They should have more banks when it goes live.

Not sure about Samsung Pay, but I know with other tap and pay, I have to enter a PIN just like with my card. There are some good options for having it. First if you have a teen that has your card a lot, paying with your phone is great. Also the Marina at our lake place takes tap and pay and we can be out on the boat or walking down at the pier and I don't have to have my card, I can just use my phone.

You have a spot on the lake... and a boat! I'm jealous!

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Haven't really noticed anything yet.
I already had the Samsung pay beta and it's still in beta mode. Battery seems the same today.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

Actually, with a couple days under my belt with the new ATT small update, I am getting even more screen-on-time!! Yesterday I got 7 hours while using Waze GPS for a 6 hour drive, watching youtube music videos, streaming some Amazon Prime music and browsing Facebook and Instagram. I'll post screen shots from my phone shortly but wow....13 hours total for yesterday and 7 of those the screen was on with heavy use of GPS and apps/data. That's pretty darn good if you ask me!

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Actually, with a couple days under my belt with the new ATT small update, I am getting even more screen-on-time!! Yesterday I got 7 hours while using Waze GPS for a 6 hour drive, watching youtube music videos, streaming some Amazon Prime music and browsing Facebook and Instagram. I'll post screen shots from my phone shortly but wow....13 hours total for yesterday and 7 of those the screen was on with heavy use of GPS and apps/data. That's pretty darn good if you ask me!

Here's the screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-27-22-56-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-27-22-56-38.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_2015-09-27-22-56-46-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-27-22-56-46-1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 27

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Sprint update too.

UPDATE:
It's only been an hour or so but I've noticed less ram being used. Normally my n5 runs at a consistent 2.9-3gb of ram used at all times but since the update it's around 2.5 gb. Could be just an anomaly but I'll keep checking.

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Where do you check RAM usage?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Here's the screenshots

That's amazing

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Where do you check RAM usage?

Settings - application manager - running, it'll show the ram there or download an app for a quicker view, I use CCleaner

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I noticed is that my battery life has gone to hell. From the day I got the phone it's been averaging about 3.5% per hour with about three and a half hours of SOT. Today it's at 7.5% per hour with only one hour of SOT.

Per Elixir, Security Storage has used 28% of the total CPU time. The next highest is Bluetooth at 8.4% and System UI is third at 5.3%. This sucks as I was really impressed with my battery life until this happened.

I didn't initiate the update nor could I prevent it's installation. Does anyone know if this is something I can turn off? I would rather control when I update my device's OS.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I noticed is that my battery life has gone to hell. From the day I got the phone it's been averaging about 3.5% per hour with about three and a half hours of SOT. Today it's at 7.5% per hour with only one hour of SOT. Per Elixir, the Process called Security Storage has used 28% of the total CPU time. The next highest Bluetooth at 8.4% and System UI at 5.3%. This sucks as I was really impressed with my battery life until this happened. I didn't initiate the update nor could I prevent it's installation. Does anyone know if this is something I can turn off? I would rather control when I update my device's OS.

Did you do a reset or at least a cache wipe?

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Cache wipe. Didn't need it for the last update but I'm game. I did just reboot it and will wipe the cache next. I want to let it go a bit to see if that was effective first. Doesn't help trouble-shoot if one changes too many things at once...

Help refresh my memory as it's been a couple of years since I last played with rooting and other such stuff. How do I wipe the cache? Power, home and down volume?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Cache wipe. Didn't need it for the last update but I'm game. I did just reboot it and will wipe the cache if that doesn't help. I want to let it go a bit to see if that was effective.

Help refresh my memory as it's been a could of years since I last played with rooting and other such stuff. How do I wipe the cache? Power, home and down volume?

Power, home, up volume. Down volume is for download mode.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's seems to have settled down. Sometime the most obvious fix just sits there untouched until one gets a swift kick in the ***.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez