SM-N9200 models suitability to use in Australia (with the Telstra network)?

DudeStar

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I have just attempted to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C from an online shop which advertised the phone as being suitable for use in Australia. The shop does not currently have any stock and has instead offered to sell me the SM-N9200.

Since receiving this news from the shop I have performed some research and have come to realise that the SM-N920C is for Afghanistan rather than Australia (though in all reality it may work fine in Australia!).

My question is "Will the SM-N9200 work fine in Australia?". I am specifically interested in it's suitability for use with the Telstra network; I have two Telstra numbers which I intend on using with the phone - which is the dual SIM variant.

Furthermore given that the phone is from China will it have all of the standard Google functionality, Google Apps, etc. Finally will the interface be in English?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
From what I've been able to determine, the Australian version is the 920i. There doesn't seem to be much information available on submodels for the Note 5. (Usually with Samsung the C model will work in Oz, but Cnet Australia reviewed the i, so I'm just guessing. Calling Samsung Australia or Telstra should give you more definite information.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress