Samsung Pay Discussion

IceCold803

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I just tried again an an Army Shoppette. It beeped and immediately went to debit on the card reader. I put in my pin and it said declined. I swiped with my card and it was approved. I have Navy Federal Credit Union.

Posted via the Android Central App

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
According to AMEX, they never saw the transaction - it has to do something with the terminal. I previously had successfully used SP at the same Walmart, but lately, every time I use it, it's "declined". I've checked with AMEX each time, but they indicated that they never declined the transaction. The "decline" occurs within 1 or 2 seconds - I doubt if the transaction ever leaves Walmart.

I wondered if it was the terminal but that's very weird for the terminal to decline itself. Also, the same terminal will accept a different card. As far as the terminal all it knows is a number. But remember the credit card number on the Amex card and samsung pay Amex is different ( virtual number) so when you call Amex they see the physical card was not swiped, because maybe they looking at physical number records.

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Good point about the virtual number - I forgot it was a different number. Not sure how you could check when you don't know what number was used.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Pay Card Won't Verify

I've tried everything I can think of. I've called the bank multiple times to verify the card and the verification message still shows up on the card when I open the Samsung pay app. I've deleted and reinstalled the app. I've deleted the card and added it back and it still says it needs to be verified despite calling to activate it multiple times. I'm calling Samsung now but it seems like the wait is going to be forever. Anyone else have this problem?

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Card Won't Verify

I've had issues with Samsung Pay also, i finally gave up, easier to pull my card out and swipe it vs. dealing with all this BS. Maybe in about a year this will catch on and work the way it should...

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I've tried everything I can think of. I've called the bank multiple times to verify the card and the verification message still shows up on the card when I open the Samsung pay app. I've deleted and reinstalled the app. I've deleted the card and added it back and it still says it needs to be verified despite calling to activate it multiple times. I'm calling Samsung now but it seems like the wait is going to be forever. Anyone else have this problem?

Having this same problem with my wife's card on my account. Called bank numerous times. They say it's good to go. No notification on phone and card still shows not verified. Although tonight, on the third round of phone calls, we did get a confirmation from Samsung pay and our bank. That the card was added, but it still isn't accessible in the app. It's a US Bank card. Funny thing is, it worked flawlessly on my phone.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay

I discovered my little problem after I was checking up my phone after I dropped it this morning. However this may have happened way before so may just be coincidence. Luckily my case prevented any kind of damage. 😐

Glad on both accounts (card and drop)!

Rob Hayes

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the same issue with my USBank debt card. I called the bank and they told me it's not on their side. I've called Samsung Pay and they say it's on the banks side. I've uninstalled, cleared cache reinstalled etc... nothing's working. My last call to Samsung Pay the pushed me higher and higher on the ladder... finally they said that they would have to get back to me with an answer/solution by email or a call............... I've not heard from them since....

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Now using the Simply Pay function and that def simplifies the process. I had turned this off as soon as I installed SP.

Sometimes, my fingerprint just doesn't read in Samsung Pay - maybe it's because when on-the-go my thumbprint may be unlike the freshly-scrubbed, totally dry thumb I used when setting it up. But, I don't seem to have any issue though using my print to simply access the phone - which doesn't make sense since it's the same fingerprint engine at work. So I now have a handy PIN set up.

Also, regarding transaction success, it might be totally random, but now that I don't use my MC on SP any longer - I only use my Chase Visa - every transaction is quick and 100% successful. Not sure if card type is a variable here, but for me, it sure looks like it might be.

Alan FL

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I tried using SP for the second time today without success.
It wouldn't recognize my fingerprint both times.
I entered my pin instead, and payment went through.
When I got home, I decided to look at the app and see if I was doing something wrong.
What I found was that fingerprint recognition was turned off, so it wasn't able to recognize my print.
I flipped the toggle and tried it a few times, and it worked fine. I had never seen that toggle before.
I guess maybe the default for paying is entering pin?

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Samsung pay ... "wow"

Clerk in drugstore: ”that'll be $2.74"
Me: opens Samsung pay and holds phone to terminal
Clerk: "uh.. We don't have that here"
Me: transaction goes through
Clerk: "my manager didn't tell me we had that"
Me:"you don't.. It's in the phone.. It's called Samsung pay "
Clerk: "wow" ... Then silence as he thought about what just happened.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung pay ... "wow"

I tried it for the first time today as well and got a "wow. How did you do that?" as well.
I wanted to use it for the first time when there wasn't anyone else around in case it didn't work for whatever reason. I forgot to unlock it via the fingerprint scanner before I first tried it, so it could have went a little smoother. 😉

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

We did that about 3 years ago on my GS3 on Verizon with Google wallet. Funny thing Verizon didn't "allow" and neither did Google. You had to change the build.prop file to fool your phone into thinking it was a nexus.

There were so few terminals that I gave up and changed back. Advantages were a record was kept in the phone and you needed to unlock app before use so more secure than a lost card.

The only reason this hasn't moved faster is the carriers and the phone makers are battling for a cut of the action.

nasc2k

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

I get a conversation about it every once in awhile. Really annoying when I don't feel like talking...
Might just give up on it completely. It isn't fail proof enough for me to not carry my cards on me like I would like.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I get a conversation about it every once in awhile. Really annoying when I don't feel like talking...
Might just give up on it completely. It isn't fail proof enough for me to not carry my cards on me like I would like.

It has worked every time for me. And it doesn't replace my actual wallet, but it does come in handy. If I misplace my wallet, leave it at home, or leave it in the car I can still make a purchase.I left my wallet at my office mistakenly on a Friday and couldn't get back in until Monday. If I couldn't pay with my phone, I wouldn't have been able to make it through the weekend.

Note in my house!

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I tried it for the first time today as well and got a "wow. How did you do that?" as well.
I wanted to use it for the first time when there wasn't anyone else around in case it didn't work for whatever reason. I forgot to unlock it via the fingerprint scanner before I first tried it, so it could have went a little smoother. 😉

Yeah, and that is a change that will take time (how to do this quickly at the register).. Problem is it isn't foolproof and when it fails, if there after others in line it really would annoy them. I gives it 2x at each terminal (and with the magnetic technology, it takes practice /trial& error) before I then just get my plastic and swipe. I think the timeout on the pulsing needs to be longer as I find I typically try to time that so I don't keep there line waiting (eg ready to touch when the register is ready). Good idea to practice.. I am still trying to find the most efficient swipe up with three screen off to turn on pay (since the home button is near the swipe area). Fun stuff...

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

America didn't have contactless payments before??

We've been doing that with cards/phones for a long while now...

We've had nfc for a while, hit or miss depending on the retailer, handheld (low penetration of nfc phones), user (not well educated on the whole thing), then factor in bank and carrier (as the carriers try to use their monopoly position for network to get in on the payment streams). With Samsung pay (for example), carrier is working more cooperatively since they learned from round 1, banks addressee investing, and with Samsung (and apple ) investing and educating consumers, there factors are better. The magnetic technology that Samsung bought (loop pay) is part PDF the killer app since it works on so many terminals.. That is huge.. Not sure what they paid for it, but the scalability that Samsung is adding here, that the banks are on board with, is the tipping point.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Went to another store today where the cashier told me that I wouldn't be able to use my phone to pay. I just ignored him and continued. Then he said, "I guess they turned the mobile payments on." I just looked and smiled.

Note in my house!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana