Picked up a Mophie for my Note 5, anyone else?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It quick charges it but does not fast charge (QC 2.0) check Mophie's ad on YouTube and see the comment section. They mentioned it on one of their replies.

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I let my phone get down to 50% and then let the Mophie case charge it. I didn't really use the phone and it still didn't have enough juice to charge it to 100%. On top of it, it most certainly didn't charge the phone at the Quick Charge rate.
I'm going to take it back and just buy a portable power pack instead that has at least twice the battery capacity as my Note 5 battery and has quick charge on it. Not as convienent, but makes more sense.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just grabbed one last night, so far I really like it.

It's much thinner than I remember previous ones to be, and I really like that it doesn't add much in terms of height to the phone. It doesn't have a full charge for the built-in battery, but I think that it should be plenty to bump me up for those really long days, and the Quick Charge capabilities are a huge plus.

Anyone else pick one up, or thinking of picking one up?

Does it work with wireless charging?

Posted via the modest yet efficient Lenovo Tab 2 A8 50f

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Does it work with wireless charging?

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear

Nevermind... I read further and got my answer lol

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine. Not bad on the added bulk. Haven't had it long enough to test it charging, will update later. Can say it does not fast charge your phone D

One thing I see issue with is getting the s pen out. It has a rubber flap that covers the pen making it difficult to get out. Also, using the headset jack could be a problem, if the connector your using is not straight you might not get the connector plugged in all the way, they do include an adapter.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Just got mine as well today. I agree that the added bulk is not too bad. It is very light and thin imo. It charges faster than a normal cable charging. But does not support fast charging. Overpriced, but worth it. Great design as well.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I tried one out at the local Verizon Store. It looks great and holds the phone in the case real tight. But at only 2400 mAh, I find it hard to justify the $100 price tag. I can buy a Samsung Fast Charging Battery Pack and have $35 left over. May not be a nice in some ways but could fast charge the phone 1.5 times vs only 60% for the Mophie.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I tried one out at the local Verizon Store. It looks great and holds the phone in the case real tight. But at only 2400 mAh, I find it hard to justify the $100 price tag. I can buy a Samsung Fast Charging Battery Pack and have $35 left over. May not be a nice in some ways but could fast charge the phone 1.5 times vs only 60% for the Mophie.

It is quite pricey. But then it's nice to have assurance that you won't run out of juice or accidently forget to bring your power bank around with you. It's nice to have it attached to your phone and have it with you at all times.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
It is quite pricey. But then it's nice to have assurance that you won't run out of juice or accidently forget to bring your power bank around with you. It's nice to have it attached to your phone and have it with you at all times.

If it included SD Storage at $99.99, now that would be a different story. I would jump on that in a heart beat. But for a case and 2,400 mAh battery, that is a little harder to take. Again, I do like the way it is done, just not the price. The value for me is just not there. I picked up a VoltReady 5,500 mAh battery pack with a USB port and a built in USB cable for charging. It is about the size of a Note 4 battery and fits nicely in my pocket. Only cost $30. Add the ARTECH 21 case and I have spent half the price for a higher capacity battery and a better protecting case, and still have money left over.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
If it included SD Storage at $99.99, now that would be a different story. I would jump on that in a heart beat. But for a case and 2,400 mAh battery, that is a little harder to take. Again, I do like the way it is done, just not the price. The value for me is just not there. I picked up a VoltReady 5,500 mAh battery pack with a USB port and a built in USB cable for charging. It is about the size of a Note 4 battery and fits nicely in my pocket. Only cost $30. Add the ARTECH 21 case and I have spent half the price for a higher capacity battery and a better protecting case, and still have money left over.

I feel ya. I'm pretty sure they'll release a space pack in the near future.

dcm1602

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I REALLY want to get this, as it sounds like the best battery case for the Note, and battery is my biggest concern. However my biggest concern with this case is protection, as I also (am likely) to drop it a few times

Does this thing really protect the phone (screen!) at all? Can I pair it with something like Otterbox alpha glass ? If I could pair this up with an alpha glass I might bite...

Or if theres a "rugged" battery case out there thats a better option im all ears. I dont give a crap about bulk/weight

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I REALLY want to get this, as it sounds like the best battery case for the Note, and battery is my biggest concern. However my biggest concern with this case is protection, as I also (am likely) to drop it a few times

Does this thing really protect the phone (screen!) at all? Can I pair it with something like Otterbox alpha glass ? If I could pair this up with an alpha glass I might bite...

Or if theres a "rugged" battery case out there thats a better option im all ears. I dont give a crap about bulk/weight

It's pretty sturdy and protective. I'd suggest getting a tempered glass screen protector as well.

If you go to their website they explain the impact isolation thingy they have implemented.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer