11-15-2015 01:28 PM
94 1234
tools
    Yes, att removed it and it doesn't have simple Sharing as far as I can tell looked everywhere for it.

Posted via Note 5 AT&T
    That sucks.
    11-07-2015 04:55 PM
    But they are the recipient. I don't understand.
    Ya that part is stupid some sort of Verification
    11-07-2015 04:57 PM
    This enhanced messaging is well intentioned, but will prove almost useless to those of us in the US unless Samsung grows a pair when it comes to dealing with these carriers. Guess which OEM wouldn't dream of allowing carriers to interfere with their "enhanced messaging"? Samsung tries to be like their arch rival in many ways but standing up against carrier interference and BS is ONE thing they haven't copied, and they need to.
    11-07-2015 05:48 PM
    Yes, att removed it and it doesn't have simple Sharing as far as I can tell looked everywhere for it.

Posted via Note 5 AT&T
    I guess you can just use the link to Google photos. It seems to do the same thing without the verification.
    11-07-2015 05:50 PM
    I'm on AT&T and have the option of using Get link or Hangouts (my text app) to share. Its done through the Google Photos app and should work for any carrier.
    linkiik121 likes this.
    11-07-2015 06:22 PM
    These carriers take away all the good stuff : (

Posted via the Android Central App
    I can't post a screenshot from the app but it definitely is not there.

11-07-2015 06:37 PM
    I'm on AT&T and have the option of using Get link or Hangouts (my text app) to share. Its done through the Google Photos app and should work for any carrier.
    Yea, I stated that in the beginning of this thread. Thats the way I do it. Use to go through Dropbox and then get a link from there.

Posted via Note 5 AT&T
    11-07-2015 06:43 PM
    THERE HAS TO BE A WAY AROUND THIS

11-08-2015 07:41 AM
    THERE HAS TO BE A WAY AROUND THIS

What others posted in this thread are the ways.

There is no way around just sending it via MMS. The carrier will always degrade it and there is no way to stop it -- hence the other ways of sharing are required.
    11-08-2015 08:31 AM
    I'm sorry but this is a huge win for Apple. How can they come out with imessage and Samsung just sit back and not do anything. Google needs to develop something as well smh

11-08-2015 09:07 AM
    I'm sorry but this is a huge win for Apple. How can they come out with imessage and Samsung just sit back and not do anything. Google needs to develop something as well smh

I'm sure if they could they would. But I do believe it's a restriction by the carriers.
    11-08-2015 09:10 AM

Well it's definitely a win.. If the other person you're sending the video to has an iPhone. If not... They're in the same boat as us.

Apple can develop iMessage which is basically like all the options here (another service) since they can't get by the MMS restriction either. The difference is Apple controls every little piece of their OS for every phone so developing this and implementing it is a lot easier than it would be for Android. Mainly because Android can be modified as we learned from this thread where the Verizon variant doesn't have the simply share option.

I'm sure they would do it if it was easy enough. Some carriers (like T-Mobile) are developing things like "Advanced Messaging" to do this very thing like iMessage.
    11-08-2015 10:07 AM
    but when the recipient clicks the link, what do they see?
    And here lies the problem when sending links to others. I can bet 99.9% will think this link is some type of virus or dangerous link and not open it.
    11-08-2015 11:05 AM

Totally agree with you. It is a HUGE win for Apple. And those crafty S.Koreans are just sitting back wondering why their share price and market share is dwindling......
    11-08-2015 11:08 AM
    And here lies the problem when sending links to others. I can bet 99.9% will think this link is some type of virus or dangerous link and not open it.
    Well, I can easily tell them that I'm sending them a video through a link. I just want to know how they see it.
    11-08-2015 11:08 AM
    Really? My friends / family open links from me without hesitation. Why would they think I'd do that to them? :what:
    11-08-2015 11:09 AM
    Well it's definitely a win.. If the other person you're sending the video to has an iPhone. If not... They're in the same boat as us.

Apple can develop iMessage which is basically like all the options here (another service) since they can't get by the MMS restriction either. The difference is Apple controls every little piece of their OS for every phone so developing this and implementing it is a lot easier than it would be for Android. Mainly because Android can be modified as we learned from this thread where the Verizon variant doesn't have the simply share option.

I'm sure they would do it if it was easy enough. Some carriers (like T-Mobile) are developing things like "Advanced Messaging" to do this very thing like iMessage.
    Us Android (Note) users hopefully realize that we ARE the minority. I have 373 contacts in my Note 5 that I brought over from my iPhone 6. Of those 373 contacts only 4 are Android users, yes 4. So for me, sending a video via MMS is finished...No more.
    11-08-2015 11:11 AM
    Us Android (Note) users hopefully realize that we ARE the minority. I have 373 contacts in my Note 5 that I brought over from my iPhone 6. Of those 373 contacts only 4 are Android users, yes 4. So for me, sending a video via MMS is finished...No more.
    Mine is pretty much the opposite. Maybe a handful (7 or so) of my friends and family have iPhones. The rest are Android.
    11-08-2015 11:12 AM
    How many videos are you all sending and receiving? Me personally, I send and receive maybe 2 videos a month.
    11-08-2015 11:13 AM
    How many videos are you all sending and receiving? Me personally, I send and receive maybe 2 videos a month.
    Hi, Honestly not that many, probably 1-2 a week at most. But when you really want your recipient to see a video quickly and easily and they can't
    it is a huge PITA and letdown. I might very possibly pay another $10 and get a SIM card for my iPhone and carry it in tandem with the Note just for sending videos... And if I do that I'd like to send out a HUGE thank you to Samsung-AT&T-Google for continuing onwards with their segregation and chopped up OS.
    11-08-2015 11:30 AM
    And sending the link of your video doesn't work for you?
    11-08-2015 11:40 AM
    It does. I have used links in the past and all I hear from the recipient is "No I deleted the link because I thought it was dangerous"....
    Sending links works regardless if it is from Dropbox, Google Photos, etc..But honestly iMessage nailed it big time !
    11-08-2015 11:43 AM
    It does. I have used links in the past and all I hear from the recipient is "No I deleted the link because I thought it was dangerous"....
    Sending links works regardless if it is from Dropbox, Google Photos, etc..But honestly iMessage nailed it big time !
    OK.
    11-08-2015 11:46 AM
    Sounds like a trust issue to me... ?

Also, I thought you got rid of your note because of the whole IQ monitoring thingie?
    11-08-2015 12:44 PM
    I for one don't share videos through the messaging app. I use whatsapp if I need to show something to someone. Yes quality is not great. But so much easier.
    I agree that sending a link isn't the same as sending a picture. Specially with things like stage fright going around there is a security concern as well. And it's just easier to use the thumbnail of the image in the convo. You can see the images or videos when you scroll through instead of links.
    11-08-2015 12:53 PM
94 1234