video quality on mms

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
How does it look on the receiving end?
Enhanced messaging works the same way as sharing a normal pic or video but lossless. Just like imessage. If the other party doesn't have enhanced message it goes through as a MMS

The link through Google photos and samsung gallery are pretty much the same. Just the handling app is different. Samsung uploads it temporarily to a server that expires after a certain time. With Google photos you don't need to upload again as all your images are already on the cloud. So, saves data when you share
uploadfromtaptalk1446936269282.jpg

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Enhanced messaging works the same way as sharing a normal pic or video but lossless. Just like imessage. If the other party doesn't have enhanced message it goes through as a MMS

The link through Google photos and samsung gallery are pretty much the same. Just the handling app is different. Samsung uploads it temporarily to a server that expires after a certain time. With Google photos you don't need to upload again as all your images are already on the cloud. So, saves data when you share
View attachment 204969
but when the recipient clicks the link, what do they see?

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I think linkiik121 means "enhanced messaging"

Also I don't think lots know that the simple sharing option is through the gallery and not through the messaging app. If u guys haven't tried from the gallery. Give it a try

Yes, att removed it and it doesn't have simple Sharing as far as I can tell looked everywhere for it.

Posted via Note 5 AT&T

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
This enhanced messaging is well intentioned, but will prove almost useless to those of us in the US unless Samsung grows a pair when it comes to dealing with these carriers. Guess which OEM wouldn't dream of allowing carriers to interfere with their "enhanced messaging"? Samsung tries to be like their arch rival in many ways but standing up against carrier interference and BS is ONE thing they haven't copied, and they need to.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and have the option of using Get link or Hangouts (my text app) to share. Its done through the Google Photos app and should work for any carrier.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and have the option of using Get link or Hangouts (my text app) to share. Its done through the Google Photos app and should work for any carrier.

Yea, I stated that in the beginning of this thread. Thats the way I do it. Use to go through Dropbox and then get a link from there.

Posted via Note 5 AT&T

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
THERE HAS TO BE A WAY AROUND THIS

Posted via the Android Central App

What others posted in this thread are the ways.

There is no way around just sending it via MMS. The carrier will always degrade it and there is no way to stop it -- hence the other ways of sharing are required.

ATLChamp

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry but this is a huge win for Apple. How can they come out with imessage and Samsung just sit back and not do anything. Google needs to develop something as well smh

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry but this is a huge win for Apple. How can they come out with imessage and Samsung just sit back and not do anything. Google needs to develop something as well smh

I'm sure if they could they would. But I do believe it's a restriction by the carriers.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Well it's definitely a win.. If the other person you're sending the video to has an iPhone. If not... They're in the same boat as us.

Apple can develop iMessage which is basically like all the options here (another service) since they can't get by the MMS restriction either. The difference is Apple controls every little piece of their OS for every phone so developing this and implementing it is a lot easier than it would be for Android. Mainly because Android can be modified as we learned from this thread where the Verizon variant doesn't have the simply share option.

I'm sure they would do it if it was easy enough. Some carriers (like T-Mobile) are developing things like "Advanced Messaging" to do this very thing like iMessage.

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

Totally agree with you. It is a HUGE win for Apple. And those crafty S.Koreans are just sitting back wondering why their share price and market share is dwindling......

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
And here lies the problem when sending links to others. I can bet 99.9% will think this link is some type of virus or dangerous link and not open it.
Well, I can easily tell them that I'm sending them a video through a link. I just want to know how they see it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member