Samsung fast wireless charger stopped working

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought three of them. They've all worked great, then all or a sudden one of them starts flashing blue and the phone stops charging. I've changed out the cable, and even tried a different plug. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion those chargers are mostly junk. I got two free from Samsung and still use my $12 PowerBot QI charger because the Samsungs are usually unreliable.

anon(19677)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a Samsung S6 Edge+. I had the non-fast charge model which stoped charging when any notifications came up on my phone. You could get around this by turning on day dream mode, but the charger was super slow. I then purchased the wirless fast charge model which no matter what I do will not continue to charge my phone. Day dream does not help at all. I am getting some noise from the fan in the charger as well. Absolutely terrible of Samsung to release a product for their own product that works this bad. I returned mine to Amazon. Hopefully another company will release their own wireless fast charger.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion those chargers are mostly junk. I got two free from Samsung and still use my $12 PowerBot QI charger because the Samsungs are usually unreliable.

You got the quick charge models for free? They retail for $70, and are a new product, made for the Note 5 and S6

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually starting to wonder if there was an update of some sort that messed up wireless quick charging. I just tried a different Samsung quick charger, and it isn't working either

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I figured something out. If I use a charging plug that is not a fast charging one, wireless charging works as it should with the quick charging puck, other than it doesn't charge it quickly. This sort of defeats the purpose of a fast charger, but at least it's working to charge the phone wirelessly. So, did Samsung get a bad batch of plugs, or is it something in the phone not allowing quick charge?

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I figured something out. If I use a charging plug that is not a fast charging one, wireless charging works as it should with the quick charging puck, other than it doesn't charge it quickly. This sort of defeats the purpose of a fast charger, but at least it's working to charge the phone wirelessly. So, did Samsung get a bad batch of plugs, or is it something in the phone not allowing quick charge?

I have to ask did you turn off quick charge by accident?

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
You got the quick charge models for free? They retail for $70, and are a new product, made for the Note 5 and S6

70 dollars that's crazy... I paid 40 for mine but it's been well worth it i haven't plugged my phone in since the beginning of this month. no problems, very fast and the phone is cold as well as is the charger. I also have a slow wireless charger which works awsome 100% percent of the time.

I was wondering if the slow charger comes with the travel adapter or did they just start that?
I noticed when I got the slow wireless charger it came with a travel black wire and plug. It also said in the mini manual to only use the samsung travel adapter.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
When you use the wireless fast charging adapter. The phone registers it in the settings-->accessories--> Fast Wireless Charging-->ON, OFF

Yes. I just double checked, and it was on all along

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38