How to stop pics going to facebook

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is she sure she's using the stock Camera app to take the photos? If she has a Facebook widget on her homescreen and is tapping that camera button to take pictures, then those photos will post to Facebook.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
If you look in the app settings for Facebook there is an option to auto sync photos. Mine is disabled, I'd assume if you disable it her photos will stop auto uploading.

I believe Facebook asks to sync contacts and photos when you install it.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a good point--the Photo AutoSync option isn't there for all phones, though (like the Nexus 6P). And the latest Facebook API got rid of contact syncing, so you might not see that any more.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Fb is getting more and more scary. I find it creepy when i open fb appp and recent pictures I've taken show up under the post box. Id be mortified if some of my pictures accidently posted for the world to see.

rasmith1959

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Fb is getting more and more scary. I find it creepy when i open fb appp and recent pictures I've taken show up under the post box. Id be mortified if some of my pictures accidently posted for the world to see.

That's one thing I like about Marshmallow, you can set the permissions for each individual app. Here's Facebook on my tablet

90b8022ef78b61f5a96bab641ae20e7f.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're responding to a 4 year old thread, so it may not get the best visibility. Are you saying that you turned permissions back on for Storage and Photos, and it's still not working?

Kevin Phelps

Dec 6, 2019
Visit site
It is uploading now. Just started using phone a few months and didnt know about the sync till I spent time in fb jail for inappropriate pictures. I've spent 2 weeks trying to stop the sync. Ok now thanx.