Missing / Most Annoying - Note 5

Nsh222

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys!
Which is the most Annoying thing / the thing you don't like about your Note 5?
Or a feature you think is missing and needs to be there?

1. I hate the absence of Quick Reply feature eg. Have to always keep switching apps for replying, makes it a bit difficult if you are browsing the net or playing games.
And even no option to reply straight from lock screen. I have an iPhone too so I am quite addicted to that.

2. Fingerprint not being very accurate is Annoying.

Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I miss is being able to reply from the lock screen without unlocking the phone. I think that's about my only complaint with the Note 5 right now.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

1. I hate the absence of Quick Reply feature eg. Have to always keep switching apps for replying, makes it a bit difficult if you are browsing the net or playing games.
And even no option to reply straight from lock screen. I have an iPhone too so I am quite addicted to that.

Thank you

Isn't there a reply button on the popup txt? Mine has one that makes it very easy to reply while in any app.
Also, my fingerprint scanner is very accurate. I hardly ever have to scan more than once.

Nsh222

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your replies.
Yes it is in the sms application of Samsung. But not widespread on other downloadable messaging apps. I really wish they push the devs and give emphasis on this feature. It is pretty useful. Apart from those I love my Note 5.
This is my first Android Device and glad I bought Samsung.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung keyboard doesn't understand and will not learn words like I've and I'm. That to me is the most aggravating thing.
Yes I know I can use other keyboards but they to not automatically change to handwriting mode when the s-pen is out.

Nsh222

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
The Samsung keyboard doesn't understand and will not learn words like I've and I'm. That to me is the most aggravating thing.
Yes I know I can use other keyboards but they to not automatically change to handwriting mode when the s-pen is out.

Thanks for your reply.
I’ve < 😁 never had problem with that.
Although you can check your Keyboard settings once.
Make sure you have Switched "Auto Replace" to ON. Should solve the problem.
If in case it still does not work, you can add "Text Shortcuts"
Eg: Shortcut: Im , Expanded Phrase: I'm

http://imgur.com/VPa0Wup
http://imgur.com/iqqBJG9
Hope this helps

Attachments

• 6437.jpg
    6437.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.
I’ve < ?????? never had problem with that.
Although you can check your Keyboard settings once.
Make sure you have Switched "Auto Replace" to ON. Should solve the problem.
If in case it still does not work, you can add "Text Shortcuts"
Eg: Shortcut: Im , Expanded Phrase: I'm

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Hope this helps

Actually, auto replace IS the problem. It takes I'very and I'mean instead of I've and I'm.
I type properly so a shortcut of Im wouldn't really work for me because I'don't <--- (another auto replace) never use it.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the feature i miss the most is the direct dial widget.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

Thank you

There is quick reply for the Note 5. The stock messaging app does it. I use a messaging app called Signal which also does a quick reply.

I used to use a messaging app called Textra which also has quick reply pop-up.

Regarding the fingerprint sensor, mine seems to be very accurate. I setup four fingerprints (both thumbs and forefingers) and it recognizes all of them regardless of position of my finger on the sensor. On rare occasion it may not recognize on the first try but again, that's on rare occasions.

Maybe you should reset them and rescan your prints to see if that works.

Not sure why you would make that comment when it's not true.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

matchtrader2000

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Biggest issue/gripe for me with the Note 5 (and common to other new touchwiz devices) is the inability to choose once or always when opening a link or attachment. There are workarounds but none are perfect. Why Samsung chose to change who this works (and has worked forever) is anyone's guess. Other than that, it's a pretty solid device.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Biggest issue/gripe for me with the Note 5 (and common to other new touchwiz devices) is the inability to choose once or always when opening a link or attachment. There are workarounds but none are perfect. Why Samsung chose to change who this works (and has worked forever) is anyone's guess. Other than that, it's a pretty solid device.
That is my only complaint as well.

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Isn't there a reply button on the popup txt? Mine has one that makes it very easy to reply while in any app.
Also, my fingerprint scanner is very accurate. I hardly ever have to scan more than once.
I have the ability to reply from any app via the pop-up as well. Also, no problems with my fingerprint scanner.

Nsh222

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks and a thumbs up to everyone for replying.
@russel5150 direct dial widget? Makes me curious. What is that? Sorry this is my first android phone so I might have missed on to that.

@Jamez Avila Thanks for the app suggestions.* Will give them a try.
And I did feel I might have gone wrong in scanning, so I did reset and rescan it. I have an iPhone too if I scan the slightest or any angle the rate is 100/100. But with my Note 5 it is 85-90/100(because of angles). That is the only reason I made that comment.* I have nothing against it and I love my Note 5.
Fingerprint is something they should frequently be updating to make it better and perform perfect.

@matchtrader2000 since this is my first android device I have missed out in that too.

@Laserbutt I guess the s6 edge has got that. Wonder why they removed it from this.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Mine gives me the option. I've had to go in and clear the default before because i accidentally hit always.

Thanks and a thumbs up to everyone for replying.
@russel5150 direct dial widget? Makes me curious. What is that? Sorry this is my first android phone so I might have missed on to

On some other phones, including the past notes, you went to the widgets and could choose contact, which brought information when pressed, or direct dial, which if you had on a home screen you could press and it would dial automatically with out having to press any more options, or direct message.

I keep a folder of work contacts and a folder of family contacts with the widgets on a home screen so i hardly ever have to go to contacts to call someone. The note 5 no longer has this, so in my folder, i click the pic of who i want to call and then have to click again on the phone symbol to call them. Direct dial was much faster.

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ir blaster (wife always falls asleep with the remote)

Home screen "looping", where you can swipe directly from the far right screen to the far left one, or vice-versa.

Automatic alphabetization of apps. I shouldn't have to do this manually every time I install an app.

Nsh222

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your response.

@russel5150 Oh I see. That feature does sound useful. Plus if you are used to something it takes a while to change back and a bit annoying at times.

@flychinook* oh yes the home screen looping. That feature is the one that even iPhone users desire. 😁

It is really staggering how these small tweaks make so much of a difference.

Nsh222

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I seem to have an issue with emojis. Many a times the emojis I receive are not displayed, they are shown as "vertical rectangles" and sometimes with a cross in it.*
This happens with the emojis I receive, occurs quite frequently. Does this happen with anyone else or just a device thing?
Any help or solution to this?

*http://imgur.com/tAj4kqE

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-06-11-57-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-06-11-57-22.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 49