Samsung Note 5 suddenly stopped booting up and in recovery mode has dm-verity and failed to mount

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I simply put my phone model SM-N920C in mobile model box, my country code in CSC box and ticked the auto box and clicked download. The firmw was downloaded and automatically decrypted. I extracted the file and it had only one file ending with ".._HOME.tar.md5" I added ".zip" to the end of the file and the pic above was what I got inside :\
Ok try this , download once more the firmware from frija , remember the location, find it and right click with the mouse the zip file and choose extract then open it

haloking

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
so I followed your instruction, the result is the same, I got a single file from Frija ending with md5 after extracting the zip file. I can't open the md5 file... One thing I noticed in the video you provided is that the phone model (SM-N9208) used in the video is different than mine. Also, if you look at odin dashboard you will see that there are two different type of models (new and old), what do you think?scs.png

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
so I followed your instruction, the result is the same, I got a single file from Frija ending with md5 after extracting the zip file. I can't open the md5 file... One thing I noticed in the video you provided is that the phone model (SM-N9208) used in the video is different than mine. Also, if you look at odin dashboard you will see that there are two different type of models (new and old), what do you think?View attachment 340154
The video was a example how the files should look, you can try using the firmware in AP slot see if it flashes

haloking

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, I would rather try all other options I have than removing my data. What do you think about Samloader? Is it safe to use?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, I would rather try all other options I have than removing my data. What do you think about Samloader? Is it safe to use?
I heard of it but never tried it to know the ins and out , ive always done it through Odin.

haloking

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
So an update: I downloaded the firmware again from two different sources (samloader and Samfw and I got four files in it. Weird right :\ ? But, the problem is there is only CSC file and not HOME_CSC...

I was also watching some videos online lately and I saw some people flashing the mobile using odin without losing data by putting the one file firmware in AP, do you have any idea if this works?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So an update: I downloaded the firmware again from two different sources (samloaderand Samfw and I got four files in it. Weird right :\ ? But, the problem is there is only CSC file and not HOME_CSC...

I was also watching videos online and I saw some people flashing the mobile using odin without losing data by put the one file firmware in AP, do you have any idea if this works?
I did do just file in AP slot long time ago i cant remember if it factory reset , i know some features were missing and then i did the 4 slots to correct it .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol