Sunken/spongy power button :(

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Sigh. This phone isn't even my daily driver and it already has an issue. Ive never even dropped it eitger. Not a scratch.I got it on release day from att. Bought it out right so ATT is no help unless I want to buy another.

Say what you will about Apple but I've never had hardware failure like this. And I've owned every phone since the 3GS.

Every android phone I've owned have had chicken crap issues like this.

Anyone else have a broken power button?

Posted via the Android Central App

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Sigh. This phone isn't even my daily driver and it already has an issue. Ive never even dropped it eitger. Not a scratch.I got it on release day from att. Bought it out right so ATT is no help unless I want to buy another.

Say what you will about Apple but I've never had hardware failure like this. And I've owned every phone since the 3GS.

Every android phone I've owned have had chicken crap issues like this.

Anyone else have a broken power button?

Was the power button sunken/broken when you bought it?

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Was the power button sunken/broken when you bought it?

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Nope. Perfect and clicky until this morning. Then boom. Spongy, sunken and responds only when pressed hard.

Idk what I'm going to do. I guess I'll try selling it when the s5 comes out. Idk. It's irritating using this thing now. I use the power key a lot.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Perfect and clicky until this morning. Then boom. Spongy, sunken and responds only when pressed hard.

Idk what I'm going to do. I guess I'll try selling it when the s5 comes out. Idk. It's irritating using this thing now. I use the power key a lot.

I had a issue with the power key. Turned out to be dirty. Try spraying a paper towel with windex and cleaning around the power key. Use your nail to get any dirty or sticky stuff off around the key. Press key a few times and clean again. I use the power key l 200 times a day at least. I never wait for the screen to dim. I guess between so much use i had food or something on my finger and it got on to the key.
Anyway, after cleaning it a little over a month ago. I haven't had any issues with it and it feels just as clicky and new as the day I got the phone.
Goodluck!

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. No amount of cleaning or spraying canned air on it helps.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmm sorry to hear of the issues. I'm hooked on my 6P right now, but my Note 5 has some of the best hardware buttons I've used on a phone -- perfect travel, with excellent feedback. It's always a hassle trying to deal with warranty stuff, but talk with Samsung and see if they can fix it for you.

sergiu.m

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Had the same problem a few months back, every smart guy here said I had a faulty unit, turns out a bunch of them have this issue.
The power button and the volume.down button both had this issue but somehow it fixed by itself.
Now everything is fine no.trouble whatsoever.
Its worth mentioning that the volume down button only had the problem for about a day, the other one about a week.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem a few months back, every smart guy here said I had a faulty unit, turns out a bunch of them have this issue.
The power button and the volume.down button both had this issue but somehow it fixed by itself.
Now everything is fine no.trouble whatsoever.
Its worth mentioning that the volume down button only had the problem for about a day, the other one about a week.

Weird. Mine is still sunken. I've tried a few things. Nothing works. Just going to throw it up on swappa with the problem in the description. I don't care to ship it to Korea and try to get it fixed.

sergiu.m

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
And of course mine started doing it again yesterday, the volume down button ..
This morning felt much better, almost like new so the problem keeps recurring..
Thing is I don't really know what's causing it, could it be dirt or has to do with temperature changes? Seems like it does it when I stay outside for a longer period of time ( 1 - 10 degrees celsius around here )

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Alcohol prep pad. Fixes my volume and power buttons when they no longer click. It may take several prep pads to get them back to how they originally felt when new.