Does any one else has problem with sending picture messages on the Note 5?

txgmom505

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm so upset, gone into at&t store they replace sim card on my note 5 still doesn`t work I can receive pic and messages but when I want to send only pic or with messages it wont go through so I read some where if you restart your phone it will work ,,yes it does but for petes sake I cant keep doing that on every pic I want to send , also I went and got the app Textra it work for awhile now that wont work , so I don't know what to do at&t said that I might need a micro cell tower for more signal ,money down the drain ! my problem is this phone so expensive and I can`t even send pic. I`ve been with at&t tech. even Samsung up grade a new software on my phone to see if they can fix it but nobody knows. I thought maybe somebody knows whats going on with this crazy note 5 . or having same issue like me ,

Mike_786

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: does any one else has problem with sending pic note 5

I have been having the same issue and still haven't been solved. If I find anything I'll let you know. Hopefully it should be fixed with the marshmallow update if we can't find any solutions.

txgmom505

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

Thank you Mike
I've cleared my cache with or without WiFi I've done everything possible . At&t send me a replacement on my note 5 and had same problem. So send phone back kept my phone. When I bought it back in nov.15 started to have problems 16 days after I got it so I couldn't returned it .so every since can't send pic. I'm really thinking of going with iPhone s6plus. But just don't know.

Posted via the Android Central App

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed that sending MMS or even receiving them sometimes is very hard lol. Sometimes i'll get a Download button because the MMS will have failed to download and it takes numerous times before it actually successfully downloads.

txgmom505

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

Yes but when a pic takes more then 2 -3 hrs. To send ridiculous.
The only way pic goes is for me to restart phone 2-3 times then it will be sent.
Don't get me wrong all the other features that the n5 has are great , but I tried to go with other apps to send pic but it won't work . I know for a fact that there's 3 of my friends that have n5 are having same problem with only sending pic to different numbers and carriers.

brodieb

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site

Are you using the stock message app? I cannot send MMS with any app other than the Samsung one. Google Messenger works fine for SSM but not pictures.

txgmom505

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

I will try that one I will let you ,thank you

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Does any one else has problem with sending pic Note 5?

You mentioned that AT&T said you might need a micro cell tower, do you have low signal strength in your area when you are trying to send the pics? I experience low signal strength when I'm at my parents cabin and can't send pics, web is painfully slow, I'm lucky that I can even make a call.

michellebjohn

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

This happened to me on my T-mobile note 5 and I turned off WiFi calling and had no more issues.

txgmom505

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

I will try that , will let you know how it goes ,ty

txgmom505

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

Yes micro cell tower never help only to get 5 bars for phone but not help to send pic , now have so many drop calls.
Other family has different phones no problems on theirs.

txgmom505

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

turn off WiFi calling did not work at all ,, drop calls all day yesterday tues. now wed. call out drop all my calls and they return my calls they thought something happen to me I said ; I`m fine its this darn phone N5

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if this will be of help to anyone but here goes. If I send a picture from the gallery via text message I just push share, designate the message app and it always goes straight through.

However, if I extract something with my Spen and push share it takes me to that app but my picture or whatever is not there. I then have to push the back button 3 to 5 times (which takes me through various open apps) and I'm finally at a screen where my extracted material reappears. I then push share again, select the app I want and my stuff goes through. Confounding and probably doesn't address the problem under discussion. But until I stumbled upon the solution I couldn't send pictures and whatever via messaging, Twitter, etc.