[NOTE 5] Is it safe....?

unfamiliar96

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
So, the original charger that comes with the samsung note 5 is a fast charging adapter.

1) Is it safe if we only use the fast charging adapter everyday? Or we should charge our phone with normal charger but also use the fast charging adapter? For example, today morning we charge the phone with fast charging adapter and tonight we charge it with normal charger. Is that fine?

2) Is it safe to charge overnight with fast charging? How about with normal charger? Is it safe? Will it harm our phone battery?

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I stole my girlfriends fast charger for my note 4 and my 8 month old battery is doing great.

Some ****** stole my girlfriends fast charger so she's been using an old wall charger I had lying around and her battery doesn't last nearly as long as mine plus she has a dendrite in her 5 month old battery.

Pretty much
1- There are many more variables to battery life/quality than just fast charging, life is too short to wait for juice
2- it's just as safe overnight as all afternoon, fast charging regulates the flow to a trickle charge once it hits 100%

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
In theory, fast-charging will shorten the overall life of the battery (one good reason for this is heat).

In practice, you aren't likely to notice the difference (even if you kept the device for several years, it would be tough to really say how much worse off the battery would be if it was always quick-charged or not. Either way, overall capacity would be reduced.

Bottom line, enjoy your quick charger, though there's nothing wrong with using a slow charger if you want either.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I also have a question, I use the wireless charging pad it's on my desk with my computer. When I'm at my desk I put it on the pad even if says I'm at 75 percent. If I get a call or text I respond and put it back on the wireless pad. Will this hurt the battery on my Samsung Note 5? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

unfamiliar96

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I stole my girlfriends fast charger for my note 4 and my 8 month old battery is doing great.

Some ****** stole my girlfriends fast charger so she's been using an old wall charger I had lying around and her battery doesn't last nearly as long as mine plus she has a dendrite in her 5 month old battery.

Pretty much
1- There are many more variables to battery life/quality than just fast charging, life is too short to wait for juice
2- it's just as safe overnight as all afternoon, fast charging regulates the flow to a trickle charge once it hits 100%

So, it is safe to charge overnight with normal charger on Samsung Note 5 too? I want to confirm as I'm afraid my phone's battery will not have a long lifespan and I love this phone.

In theory, fast-charging will shorten the overall life of the battery (one good reason for this is heat).

In practice, you aren't likely to notice the difference (even if you kept the device for several years, it would be tough to really say how much worse off the battery would be if it was always quick-charged or not. Either way, overall capacity would be reduced.

Bottom line, enjoy your quick charger, though there's nothing wrong with using a slow charger if you want either.

If it's going to hurt the battery then why Samsung only gave us the fast charging adapter instead of giving both chargers? I'm confused about that :confused:

I also have a question, I use the wireless charging pad it's on my desk with my computer. When I'm at my desk I put it on the pad even if says I'm at 75 percent. If I get a call or text I respond and put it back on the wireless pad. Will this hurt the battery on my Samsung Note 5? Thanks

I'm sorry but I'm not quite sure about that so I can't tell you my opinion but I've read some posts saying that wireless charger will harm the battery.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
It's safe. Charge any method, the phone and chargers regulate charging.

Heat is a killer of electronics but it's not going to be a huge difference on when your battery will die. If it dies within the warranty period, then it gets repaired. If it dies after, then just have it replaced.

Charge and use it without worry. The physical and chemical composition will determine its life. It's not worth trying to worry about it.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I have been doing the same thing with my Notes 3, 4, and 5 as well as my S4. Have never had a battery problem with any of these phones using wireless charging as you do. I have never had any battery problems or early deaths leaving the phone on the wireless charging pads overnight either. Obviously, the earlier phones didn't have fast charge and later ones do.

unfamiliar96

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
It's safe. Charge any method, the phone and chargers regulate charging.

Heat is a killer of electronics but it's not going to be a huge difference on when your battery will die. If it dies within the warranty period, then it gets repaired. If it dies after, then just have it replaced.

Charge and use it without worry. The physical and chemical composition will determine its life. It's not worth trying to worry about it.

I'm also afraid if it will affects my phone and not just my battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699