AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the holdup is. I've had the MM beta since it was released in early February ,and it works perfectly. Includes all the bloatware too.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To leave a company just because you didn't receive mm? Now I have seen everything.

Everyone is entitled to spend their money how they please. You don't care for updates so therefore you would never leave for this reason. For others this may be important and they have other options in their market so... As they say ... Best to vote with your wallet! :).

So you want spotty service (Sprint, T-Mobile) and just as high cost with Verizon not to mention all have horrible customer service and how they will bill you incorrectly. I have been yelled at when I was with Sprint, as I confronted them for changing my plan without telling me. With Verizon, I was told that i could upgrade, but they lied and made me feel like a second class citizen for asking then why they would do that. With AT&T, they are very nice, listening and not interrupting. For the first few month's they emailed me a video explaining my bill and that helped a lot. AT&T takes care of their customers unlike the rest out there. And they don't accuse you of things you didn't do.

Well a couple things here. Sprint / T-Mobile aren't always spotty. It really depends where you live / travel / work / play / etc etc. In your area they could be horrendous but that doesn't make them horrendous where I live or where someone else lives. Carriers are location, location, location.

Also customer service is always different (especially at stores) for carriers. I have been on all 4 carriers and only Sprint gave me a hard time on some things. Verizon was very nice, AT&T was very nice, and T-Mobile is very nice. Does this discount your experience? Definitely not ... but you shouldn't discount others simply because you had a few bad run ins thinking everyone is in the same boat.

All I am saying is that I don't care if they upgrade my phone as I get pretty much great service with a great phone that actually works.

That is great that your phone works .. and with MM it could work as well. No one really knows except the beta testers for the AT&T version. We will officially know once they get the update in the hands of everyone.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just to put things in perspective here. If you're in this forum, you can probably classify yourself as a tech enthusiast. Enthusiast meaning that you read about all things android, tinker with your device to get the best performance, root, and desire to find out what's coming next. We're most likely a small group of subscribers that will reach out to ATT tech support and ask, "What's the hold up?" If the average Joes started calling in and asking for an update, then it would probably become a priority. I think NEW lines of service and NEW device sales will always be ATT's priority as it brings new customers on board and keeps existing ones committed. If you're under an agreement, or long time customer, the chances of your voice being heard about the MM Update on the Note 5 or (S6 Active in my case) are pretty slim.

I've been checking every week since January for news on the MM for the S6 Active. I'm finally at the point where I am no longer excited about updating to the latest version of Android as "N" is right around the corner. I think that the last thing ATT wants to do is to release an update that isn't 100% ready and could ruin some people's phones.

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure that there is something going on behind the scenes between AT&T and Samsung. The reason I say that is that AT&T usually releases updates before Verizon and they have released updates for other manufacturers phones, such as LG V10, G4 and even the G3. But as of yet AT&T has not released the MM update for any of the Samsung phones. Yes it is frustrating to see other carriers update the same phone that you have 1-2 months ago, but you and I will probably never know what actually is going on unless someone on the inside spills the beans. We can't put the blame on Samsung or AT&T because we don't know what the holdup is.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Did my daughter's Note 5 AT&T shes now on Marshmallow.
41497021757c8164936b0a2cbfbaf2f5.jpg

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
That's great!. Hopefully we get the update for the note 5 by the end of the week

Posted via the Android Central App
I doubt that here's my thoughts, AT&T won't release it for Note 5 till Note 6 is out and till they sell lots of Note 6, i could be wrong, but i doubt that, as why lots are updating it now with adb like i did to my Daughters Note 5.

bovineman61

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Update on the wife's S6. The install went off without a hitch. The download part was slow. I attribute that to overloaded servers. Once the download was finished the install happened fairly quickly. Now time to run it through the wringer to see how it works.

Rainmarie

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I would rather wait. I have had a bad experience in the past with rushed updates. Plus there are reasons why it's taking this long. This Galaxy Note 5 already comes equipped with some of the new Marshmellow features anyway. Just my opinion.

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I was over at a friend's house this morning working on her computer when her S6 edge from AT&T suddenly started it's update. She had no idea what it was doing. I explained it to her and made sure it was working afterwards. Probably the easiest update I've ever seen. Upgrade to MM in about 30 minutes. I found out why. 79 year old lady with a S6 edge and not a single app. She doesn't text, doesn't check email, doesn't surf. Voice calls only. And I'm sitting there watching this with my Note 5 still waiting. LOL

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I was over at a friend's house this morning working on her computer when her S6 edge from AT&T suddenly started it's update. She had no idea what it was doing. I explained it to her and made sure it was working afterwards. Probably the easiest update I've ever seen. Upgrade to MM in about 30 minutes. I found out why. 79 year old lady with a S6 edge and not a single app. She doesn't text, doesn't check email, doesn't surf. Voice calls only. And I'm sitting there watching this with my Note 5 still waiting. LOL

Man, sounds like she should get the new "Razor" that Motorola has been teasing the viewers with from the past day or so lol.