Anyone not using a case for their note 5?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a case, skin, or screen-protector. I carry my phone in my pocket. I'm reasonably careful with it. I've had it for six months and it's still in like-new condition--no scratches, cracks, or dents.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just removed screen protector as it halos and its hard to match a good protector with a case . Just using a body glove case now

Note 5

Was it a tempered glass protector?
If so, just go get a good film protector. Film protects just fine, and it applied properly, should be virtually invisible.
I tried so hard to live with tempered glass. Couldn't do it.
For me, film does the trick.

Barry110

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm the oddball it seems, had a GS4 when I got a minimalist black cimo wave case for about $8. Had textured edges for nice grip, simple wave design on back. So when I got my Note 5 I didn't hesitate to buy it again, still love it. Got the black one, but clear also available. If anything, doesn't slip out of my hand and thin so doesn't maker it much bigger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Samsung S-View clear flip cover and love it. It doesn't add any bulk to the phone and doesn't hide the beautiful design of the Note 5. In fact the back of the case matches the back of the Note 5. I like that you can answer calls and check the time without opening the cover. I also purchased a glass screen protector to go with it.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
For me i think I will only use one for when I go hiking or anything outdoors so I don't ruin my phone. I just can't see myself keeping a case on it this is my first phone that I have had that I like the design and color so much that I want to show it off lol. The case I did have on it when I took it off it was all dusty my phone and I've only had it for 3 weeks now and the case was only on a week.

Killahhops

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just cracked my screen on Saturday. I was adjusting my license plate and it fell less than 4 inches on my garage floor and left an ugly Crack on the screen. The only time that I've ever had it out a case and now I have to get it fixed... Or convince my wife that it doesn't work any more and get the 6p or s7... Lol

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had 5 or 6 cases from snap on hard plastic to otterbox defender. It's a cycle of me thinking about how slippery in is, getting the case, finding that I don't like the aesthetics or functionality, removing the case. I'm probably going to damage the phone more from the case installation and removal than any actual drops

drewood31601

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had 5 or 6 cases from snap on hard plastic to otterbox defender. It's a cycle of me thinking about how slippery in is, getting the case, finding that I don't like the aesthetics or functionality, removing the case. I'm probably going to damage the phone more from the case installation and removal than any actual drops

Same thing for me

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
After almost a week with the Spigen thin/slim case, I'm enjoying it a lot!

Excellent grip, very slim, easy to handle and basic protection... as I always carried phones naked before.

My Otterbox Commuter... has been in the drawer ever since.

CDH

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have tempered glass screen protector and then Skinomi clear skin on back and metal frame, no case. Phone came loose on Rollercoaster, when retrieved fully worked, back glass shattered (easily replaced myself with $25 replacement back from Amazon in 20 minutes), front shattered as well but tempered glass absorbed all damage, actual screen was perfect. Looks as good as new.

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I have tempered glass screen protector and then Skinomi clear skin on back and metal frame, no case. Phone came loose on Rollercoaster, when retrieved fully worked, back glass shattered (easily replaced myself with $25 replacement back from Amazon in 20 minutes), front shattered as well but tempered glass absorbed all damage, actual screen was perfect. Looks as good as new.

I didn't even know the glass back could be replaced at home and now I'm watching a video to learn how to just in case, lol.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The naked note 5 feels amazing in hand. I don't find it slippery at all. I hate using cases, but its almost a must when taken outdoors. I'm very careful with my phones, but I did drop the Note 5 and it chipped the side, nothing too bad, but a case would've kept it in mint condition.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've put a Verizon shell/holster combo case on. Hard plastic that snaps on the back and sides. Not very bulky but adds grip. Also has a kickstand which is nice.

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Use platinum series case. Very light, very thin, and protects well from drops. I hate otterbox because of its bulkiness.
Also with platinum series cases, its still slim enough for me to use the phones nfc features.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've put a Verizon shell/holster combo case on. Hard plastic that snaps on the back and sides. Not very bulky but adds grip. Also has a kickstand which is nice.

So that case came off...anyone think removing a plastic snap on cases could damage the phone? Series 7000 aluminum and gorilla glass 4 would suggest otherwise but I'm paranoid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez