Bug with Action Memo in Samsung Note 5

Jiriho

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 less than a week ago. Everything has been working fine, but today a weird bug started to happen when I create and then view an action memo in s note. Whenever I open an action memo a small document shaped icon appears automatically on my homescreen and then persists to remain on the screen regardless of what app I am running. This icon is not the same as the homescreen shortcut that appears with the 'pin to homescreen' feature. This icon is much smaller, and is shaped like a document of the same color as the action memo. More interestingly when I click on it, it goes to the action memo that I created. Furthermore it is not possible to remove the icon, unless I open the action memo from s note and delete it.

I have tried restarting the phone action and clearing s note cache but neither have worked.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Should I attempt a factory reset?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
This happens to me several times a week. Always to a pinned note. I just open and save. No clue as to what causes it.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
If you ooen a pinned not and then exit by just hitting the home screen it creates that little icon.

To avoid it always click save on your memo, if u forget and the little note shows up, just click on it and hit save and that should get rid of it.

Its not a bug per say, i think its so if you edit an action memo on the screen and dont save it it gives you both. I could be wrong.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Jiriho

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the quick responses. Good to know I'm not the only one this happens to. Seems to be an easy solution. Glad to know I don't have to factory reset!

Cheers

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, i was an instant fan of the pin to home screen feature, i can enlarge the note enough to read it w out having to open it.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Now im talking about when its pinned to home screen, not the extra little icon we were talking about popping up. while its pinned, press it with the spen until it the screen activates to let you move it, when that happens it becomes outlined and you can enlarge it. I only enlarge mine to use 4 icon spaces but thats enough to read a short note.

Hope i explained that right lol

Barry110

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Used to leave it open for notes, then decided to create a "Reminders" note, saved it, and use the 1x1 widget to place it on one of my screens. Widget gives a "+" option to start new/different note if desired.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non