S Pen - quick notes / screen off memo questions

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
for whatever reason,

(1) i can not enable the S Pen -> Quick notes. however, i can still hold the button, tap the screen twice to create a note.

(2) also, in the screen off memo. i am missing the Pin to screen icon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_202905_Air command.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_202905_Air command.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240317_203205_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_203205_Samsung Notes.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Amthebigdog

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
for whatever reason,

(1) i can not enable the S Pen -> Quick notes. however, i can still hold the button, tap the screen twice to create a note.

(2) also, in the screen off memo. i am missing the Pin to screen icon.
I found what it is. The Galaxy z fold. What a great Idea. Can i ask what the s pen is for? Is this just another phone or is it made for a specific purpose?

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I found what it is. The Galaxy z fold. What a great Idea. Can i ask what the s pen is for? Is this just another phone or is it made for a specific purpose?
The S Pen can be used for several different functions, as simple stylus for touch function. It can be used for taking handwritten notes. It can be used as a camera remote (my favorite). It can be used to control some of the phone or tablets functions.

There are some differences between the S Pen for the Z Fold series phones and the Galaxy S Ultra/Note series phones and the Galaxy Tab S series tablets. Most notably they are not cross compatible. The S Pen for my S24 Ultra will with my Tab S9 and the S Pen for my Tab S9 will work on my S24 Ultra. However, neither will work on a Z Fold 5. Conversely, the S Pen for the Z Fold 5 will not work on my Galaxy S24 Ultra or Tab S9.

This difference display technologies is the reason.

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
The S Pen can be used for several different functions, as simple stylus for touch function. It can be used for taking handwritten notes. It can be used as a camera remote (my favorite). It can be used to control some of the phone or tablets functions.

There are some differences between the S Pen for the Z Fold series phones and the Galaxy S Ultra/Note series phones and the Galaxy Tab S series tablets. Most notably they are not cross compatible. The S Pen for my S24 Ultra will with my Tab S9 and the S Pen for my Tab S9 will work on my S24 Ultra. However, neither will work on a Z Fold 5. Conversely, the S Pen for the Z Fold 5 will not work on my Galaxy S24 Ultra or Tab S9.

This difference display technologies is the reason.
So it's not just a bendy type stylus? It interacts with the phone. That's way cool. Is it something you use all the time or just something to spend money on. Last question are those phones expensive? I ask because I tend to be rough on mine. Sometimes it gets left on the roof of the car as I drive off type thing. Which one do you think is the better of them? Thanks

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
So it's not just a bendy type stylus? It interacts with the phone. That's way cool. Is it something you use all the time or just something to spend money on. Last question are those phones expensive? I ask because I tend to be rough on mine. Sometimes it gets left on the roof of the car as I drive off type thing. Which one do you think is the better of them? Thanks
The S Pen has been around since at least 2011. I don't use it all of the time. There is another thread that talks about that. The Galaxy S Ultra line of phones is one of Samsungs most expensive devices. About the same price as the Z Fold series. The Galaxy S phones are about as durable as most other smartphones. If you were to leave a Z Fold on your car and drive off, it would get just as damaged as if you left a Galaxy S24 Ultra or an iPhone on your car and drove off. If you are worried about that, then you should look into the line of ruggedized Android phones, like the Galaxy XCover 6 Pro or the AGM H6.

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
The S Pen has been around since at least 2011. I don't use it all of the time. There is another thread that talks about that. The Galaxy S Ultra line of phones is one of Samsungs most expensive devices. About the same price as the Z Fold series. The Galaxy S phones are about as durable as most other smartphones. If you were to leave a Z Fold on your car and drive off, it would get just as damaged as if you left a Galaxy S24 Ultra or an iPhone on your car and drove off. If you are worried about that, then you should look into the line of ruggedized Android phones, like the Galaxy XCover 6 Pro or the AGM H6.
That's good to know. I don't use a phone for more than calling people. If I don't know the number of incoming calls I ignore it. People that want to get hold of me can text me. The reason i was asking about the stylus I spend more time than I want having to go back and retype things because I have adult hands and the buttons were made for kids. Forget auto correct. Too many times I've typed something and sent it without looking and I had no idea what it was talking about. Don't see spending big bucks for just a phone.

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
That's good to know. I don't use a phone for more than calling people. If I don't know the number of incoming calls I ignore it. People that want to get hold of me can text me. The reason i was asking about the stylus I spend more time than I want having to go back and retype things because I have adult hands and the buttons were made for kids. Forget auto correct. Too many times I've typed something and sent it without looking and I had no idea what it was talking about. Don't see spending big bucks for just a phone.
I do like being able to give everybody their own ring tone. Same with messages. I would record my own. One day I was standing there talking to a cop and someone sent me a message. So my phone says some dumbass just sent you a message. The cop looks at me and asks what was that. I said that was my phone telling me some dumbass just left me a message. He wasn't amused but I thought it was funny as heck.