Serious battery problem

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my note 5 on release. Battery was not stellar. Onky 4 hours SOT with 4G off. With 4g about 3.
Now bwfore I would get to 7% it would shut down, even in ultra power saving mode at 7 it would shut down in 10 mins.
Now I came to a point of 2 hours 20 SOT and at 16%. Phone would shut down and not wake up. What the f...? Still on warranty? Not sure if they will bother. Last time my power button started to get stuck they gave me phone back without fixing said could not replicate issue. 2 weeks later button got stuck for 2 hours couldnt switch on my phone.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Was this after you installed an app? Usually if it didn't happen after you got it (reason to return it IMO), then it's an app. Unless it's an app you installed immediately.

Do a screen shot of your battery usage. Let's see what is using your battery power.

Posted via the *Note 5*

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes its true but 2% per cycle is not really a big of a deal. I still have no idea why its bad. Now my phone shuts down at 15% like its 0%.

AndroidFan3420

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Maybe you need to do a full battery cycle. Charge your phone upto a 100% and then fully drain it. Charge it again. It can also be a faulty battery

Posted via the Android Central App

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
My HTC one m7 started to have that same problem, though it happened typically around 20%. I think it was partially battery wear and tear and the battery calibration got thrown off due to it. Seeing as the note 5 only about 8 months old and I'm not sure when you purchased yours, I would be pretty sure that it's not age of battery. More than likely its a dud battery or some weird software screw up that's not showing up in battery monitors. First thing I'd do is back up your phone to like smart switch or something and factory reset it through the recovery menu and use the phone for like a week or so to give it a decent test time. If problem persists get a replacement. Dont listen to their BS saying "we can't reproduce issue" because they're just being lazy. I've gone in to get a replacement and I could have gone it with a perfectly working phone, like 0 issues at all, and they would have replaced it. I did have the replacement go through my carrier though. I'm on at&t though but it really shouldn't matter they need to replace it if it's faulty.

Samsung galaxy note 5 32GB
Running 5.1.1
On AT&T

enrico_rusli

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I too usually get around 3 and half hours of SOT which can last me a full day. Dont understand how they get so much SOT.
The biggest battery drainer are the screen and the android system

Posted via the Galaxy Note 5

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Here is the normal screen

Phone Radio % is one of the higher values. If there is poor cell signal, then that could cause the radio to work harder to get/maintain a signal, and in turn use battery. Within the GSam Phone Radio details there are more "Usage Details". That may provide further clues.

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing a recent battery drain as well. Google Play Store is using 46%. Is this normal?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy Note 5

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
my M7 on the off topic cant last overnight with 100 charged it will shut down. Thrn again its 3 years old. I did only use it for less than a year.