Question regarding Note 5 camera housing

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone happen to know if the camera housing is sealed or at least tight enough to not let moisture seep in? I'm going to be running a 30K trail marathon and the Note 5 is going to be my only camera during the entire event. As a precaution against moisture (sweat, maybe rain too), the Note is going to be spend most of its time inside a double ziplocked bag. I was wondering if maybe I could cut a hole for the camera and just seal the area around the camera housing? My running vest has zero room to include a compact camera ie a Canon PowerShot G5 X which isn't waterproof anyway so that's not coming along.

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Jan,

I've provided some links to water tests that have been conducted on the Note 5. I would think that if you just had the camera part exposed, you should be ok, as long as you don't submerge it. Now, no one here can say with certainty, that your phone will not allow moisture in. "I Personally," would not be concerned about it, as I've seen how they are sealed, and if you use it the way you mentioned, you should be fine.

Chris

NOTE: Opinions may vary on this issue.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...spv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=note+5+moisture+test&tbm=vid

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Thought I would post an update to the setup I used during the 30K trail marathon. The solution was immediate, cheap and effective.

2016-06-15_131035.jpg