Hi guys, I'm on AT&T in the USA. I am wondering if the Factory Unlocked International Version of the Note 5 is fully compatible with AT&T?

Reason I'm considering the International version is I don't do contracts anymore, it'll also be nice to avoid the carrier bloat.

My next question is ... Does it make sense to buy a Note 5 now? Ideally I would've gone for the S7 but there's no international version for it.
    06-07-2016 10:00 PM
    Hi guys, I'm on AT&T in the USA. I am wondering if the Factory Unlocked International Version of the Note 5 is fully compatible with AT&T?

Reason I'm considering the International version is I don't do contracts anymore, it'll also be nice to avoid the carrier bloat.

My next question is ... Does it make sense to buy a Note 5 now? Ideally I would've gone for the S7 but there's no international version for it.
    So first, yes it will work on AT&T, as it's CDMA, the international just won't work on GMS. So basically if you have a SIM card it will work.
    The Note 5 is rock solid, and with the release of the Note 7 coming in August, it's a good time to buy the 5, but the price may drop even more shortly due to the release date of the Note 7. Either way, it really comes down to what you do with it. If you are more active and out a lot, then maybe a smaller phone would be better, but if you are using it as more of a business use, the note is the way to go.

Cheers
    06-08-2016 12:29 AM