Why does my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 give a mild electric shock during calls?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 gives mild electric shock during calls

Ok this is going to sound ludricrous, and I have been googling for months now, found no info, and just dismissing myself as my imagination, but today this got really frustrating.

My Samsung Galaxy Note 5 gives me mild shocks at my ear during phone calls. I switched from left ear to right, but I get stinging sensations at the spot where my ear adjoined to my face when I am on a call.

My question is, WHO ELSE GETS THIS? I cannot be the only user to be having this problem!!

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 gives mild electric shock during calls

Does this happen to others when they use your phone? Does it happen to you when you use a different phone? Have you checked the phone with a volt meter?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I suspect something in mechanically wrong with the phone. I would have it looked at by a qualified repair shop. Your carrier, or a mobile repair shop you find yourself.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I would take it in that's for sure. It could explode possibly. Wouldn't want you to get hurt.

Posted via the Android Central App

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

Ok this is going to sound ludricrous, and I have been googling for months now, found no info, and just dismissing myself as my imagination, but today this got really frustrating.

My Samsung Galaxy Note 5 gives me mild shocks at my ear during phone calls. I switched from left ear to right, but I get stinging sensations at the spot where my ear adjoined to my face when I am on a call.

My question is, WHO ELSE GETS THIS? I cannot be the only user to be having this problem!!

Send back to Samsung for repair!!! That's not normal.

Posted via the Android Central App

Shainey

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I am so glad I saw this. today I was using my phone and I got a horrible sensation that I was being electrocuted. it was for a few seconds and actually dropped the phone and it stopped. I thought I was going to die. I called my doctor and told to go to the er I ended up going to an urgent treatment. the doctor said it may have been the phone that shocked me. I'm making a nuerology appointment just in case, but it is a relief to hear this has happened to someone else.