Still a good buy?

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So my friend noticed he has an upgrade and best buy has the note 5 for 49.99 and he asked me to check on it for him(not the best tech person). Would any of you still recommend this phone today? I've never owned a note so I have no idea how it is with battery life and etc. Also, any of you using the Verizon version, is it on 6 or 6.0.1?

Posted via the Android Central App

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
If he needs the stylus, can do without a removable battery and can do without an SD card, its a great phone, I love mine. It is currently (on Verizon) on 6.0.1 June 1st 2016 security patch, build BPF2. Battery life is good but not great, but since it supports Fast Charging that's moot, if you need to top it off it's quick to do so. The display is nice, the camera is good, they removed the MHL (video out) support and removed the IR blaster from previous models too. Anyway, for $50 it's a great deal.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If he needs the stylus, can do without a removable battery and can do without an SD card, its a great phone, I love mine. It is currently (on Verizon) on 6.0.1 June 1st 2016 security patch, build BPF2. Battery life is good but not great, but since it supports Fast Charging that's moot, if you need to top it off it's quick to do so. The display is nice, the camera is good, they removed the MHL (video out) support and removed the IR blaster from previous models too. Anyway, for $50 it's a great deal.

That's some awesome information and I (and he) quite appreciate it!

Posted via the Android Central App