AT&T versus Samsung Warranty Replacement

cjwaipahu

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I am going to AT&T to replace my Note 5 because of a camera issue(buzzing/crackling sound). Understand that they will send me a phone which is a certified phone that was in some kind of damaged box but was checked. If I had gone to Samsung I would have to send in my phone wait and for it to be repaired and could get it back. Can anyone tell me if you had a bad experience by going AT&T or samsung warranty replacement? Which would you suggest I go to?

tmccormick87

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I had a Bluetooth issue with by brand new Note 5, and my AT&T store replaced it because I was within my 14 days. Then the new replacement phone started getting dead pixels spreading across the top of my screen shortly after. It was visibly pink whenever there was a white background. I called 1-800-Samsung and followed the prompts. They emailed me a prepaid UPS label and I had to mail the phone to them for a screen replacement. Took a week overall, but the screen was replaced for free, and my phone is perfect again. They also replaced a broken S-pen at the same time, but it went to a different address than the phone. Only bad part was having to use an old out of date phone during the interim, lol.

cjwaipahu

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Based on the replies to my post, I have decided to cancel the warranty replacement through AT&T. Am thinking the chances of getting a phone that later will have a problem is greater with a phone swap that came from a damaged box.

In any event now that I will go through Samsung did any of you folks paid for shipping and insurance to send and get the phone back?

tmccormick87

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
The shipping label they emailed me was UPS postage paid, I just had to get my own box. I didn't even think of insurance, dang, lol. I did, however, wrap it really well in bubble wrap and newspaper. I do want to add that I did talk to their techs, before they sent me the label, it wasn't all automated, like my prior post might have implied.

cjwaipahu

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Finally received my phone from the Samsung repair center in Texas. Took two weeks for the turnaround. Got my camera replaced. Seems like they did a good job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty