Fingerprint scanner issues

fletch007

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So I am the original poster...... I have T-Mobile not Verizon. My fingerprint scanner got slightly better ...sometimes. Today it has been finicky and it just locked me out again for 10 minutes. Until this latest update it was working 95% of the time. Now it's more like 20% of the time.

I had the same problem, on T-Mobile as well. I just deleted all existing fingerprints and set it up again. Works like before, which I was very happy with.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes I've deleted and re-done the fingerprints three or four times now. Now I'm about 50-50 for it working maybe slightly better. I also have a passcode set instead of the password which was longer.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Same here, on Verizon and since last update fingerprint doesn't register more than it does. Somebody stated the technology isn't here yet, but was almost 100% prior to update - so it has to be a software issue due to a faulty update file.

Agree. It worked 100% for me before the update.

Tmobile and fingerprint issues.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I notice lately that whenever It restart or turn Off/on ,
I can not use finger print..
There is a message saying i have to log in with pin first ....?
After I log in with Pins , after that Finger prtint works fine .
which never happened before ...?

Anyone has this ...?

Mine use to say swipe, now it says pin. I've ignored both and used the fingerprint. This time, however, doesn't work as well as before. I have about 4 settings for my right thumb.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Mine use to say swipe, now it says pin. I've ignored both and used the fingerprint. This time, however, doesn't work as well as before. I have about 4 settings for my right thumb.

Seriously ... when I use my pointing finger ... it works perfectly .."Fingers crossed"
Try it ...!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Seriously ... when I use my pointing finger ... it works perfectly .."Fingers crossed"
Try it ...!

Thanks for the idea. But then I'd have to use two hands. I can hold it in my palm and turn on, scan and go to apps with one hand pretty good. Makes riding the elevator better when my other hand has something in it. I can't text or type, but reading Twitter or emails is easy.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the idea. But then I'd have to use two hands. I can hold it in my palm and turn on, scan and go to apps with one hand pretty good. Makes riding the elevator better when my other hand has something in it. I can't text or type, but reading Twitter or emails is easy.

Ooops ... Didn't pay attention to one hand log-in ,
I use car holder so it works good for me ....:)

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
So I got a T-Mobile update a few days ago. Ever since my fingerprint scanner only works maybe one out of five or six times...if that. I just got locked out of my phone again. First it locks me out for 30 seconds then it's like a minute and then it just went to five minutes. It worked fine before this last update. Anyone else have a problem with the scanner since the update? Thanks

When setting up any fingerprint reader place your chosen finger or thumb at various natural angles while setting it up the first time. For example start at 12'oclock then work your digit back and forth between 9'oclock and 3'oclock and all angles in between. Once it's set up you'll find you can drop your finger or thumb down at almost any natural angle and it'll take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87