Sprint Note 5 Texting Stops At Max Characters

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Using the stock texting app after I reach 160 characters, I know it's the max of any text, I get the message that I have reached the max characters and it stops. In the past I could just keep on typing and it would just break the message into multiple parts and send them. Any idea of what caused this to happen? I'm aware I can use another text app but I am wondering why this happened.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open the Messaging app, then tap Menu>Settings. Is there an option there to automatically convert overlong SMS to MMS?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately no, I noticed I turned off enhanced messaging so I turned it back on to see if that had something to do with it. It did, thanks for making me look. I think I turned it off because it caused me some grief during a message once.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I am using Textra now. I came from another carrier bought out by sprint. When I realized the limit I switched apps. My last carrier auto converted it to mms. However same phone and won't with sprint and the stock note 5 app. I tried several things and got frustrated and switched and never looked back. Hope you find a solution though.