N920C boot-looping or getting stuck. Any solution?

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
Flashed latest TWRP 3.1.1.0 using latest ODIN on an untouched/unmodified Note 5 SM-N920C. Tried to flash Khonloi nougat ROM, it was stuck in "Flashing system files" for a long time.. Rebooted to TWRP and tried to flash again, got stuck in 10-12% every time.
Then, flashed Stock Nougat firmware using ODIN, flashed fine. But, shows Samsung logo glowing and then either reboots or get stuck..
Any solution??
Edit :- Didn't enable "OEM unlock" as I didn't know at that time. Now can't boot in to Stock Nougat firmware..

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
Have you tried earlier versions?

Nope..

Took to a repair shop, person there booted the phone and skipped through the intial Setup wizard (didn't connect to WiFi or do anything during the setup, skipped right to Homescreen then connect to WiFi) and phone ran fine.
However, now, whenever I try to update multiple apps in Google Play store with "Update all", after a few seconds Phone either gets stuck for a 1-2 seconds and reboots/turns off or Just turns off by itself.
Doing anything else, phone runs fine.. I even tried installing apps one by one in Play store, that went fine.. I left the phone with Wifi turned on, multiple apps updated in the backgroup and it didn't turn off. Weird!
That means, updating multiple apps at once using "Update all" button from the "My apps" screen of Play store cause this phenomenon at the moment..

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Since this appears to be limited to just loading apps from the Play Store, I'd consider clearing the cache and data from both Google Play Store and Google Play Services. Maybe uninstall the updates as well. Reboot the phone and you'll likely be prompted to update both. Your apps won't go anywhere, and the caches will rebuild the next time you login to the Play Store.

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
Since this appears to be limited to just loading apps from the Play Store, I'd consider clearing the cache and data from both Google Play Store and Google Play Services. Maybe uninstall the updates as well. Reboot the phone and you'll likely be prompted to update both. Your apps won't go anywhere, and the caches will rebuild the next time you login to the Play Store.

Just after getting to Homescreen after the intial setup, when I went to Google Play store and saw lot of Updates, pressed the "Update all" button, after a few seconds and maybe 1-2 apps later, the phone went down.
Thus no app other than the stock/preloaded ones have had the chance to affect..
Regardless of which app I'm using or updating, if there is too much or too many, phone goes down.. Happend even when updating in "Galaxy apps" and downloading couple of themes in "Galaxy themes".. If I download apps purely one by one basis (let one finish completely then start another) then, there's no problem.. This concludes that, the issue is dependant on the intensity of usage either on the processor side or Disk/storage..

Update :- Using Medium power saver mode with CPU limited to 70%, issues are less apparent now. Phone becomes warm during these incidents or usages and becomes HOT during charging(Not as much so that it's untouchable but, its uncomfortable). Since, I can boot in to Stock firmware, will it be safe and wise to reinstall official firmware using SmartSwitch??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19