What is the most protective case right now I can buy?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Supcase Unicorn Beetle for my phone I just got an hour ago. However it does not protect the sides very well and I need something thicker until the Otterbox Defender comes out in a few weeks. Anyone have any suggestions on other cases?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Check out the Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT. Looks way nicer than the Defender. Same concept.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Mod note. Moved to the Note 7 cases & accessories forum.

But it is not out yet. I have to say its damn fine using this thing without a screen protector. Amazing. It looks like we will have teh same problem as the S7 and won't be able to find any decent tempered glass which is why I want to see what the Defender brings.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox replied to me. They would let me know soon when it comes out. Sounds like we got a few weeks still. Hopefully my Supcase holds up and I don't scratch the screen until then. The tech21 I will give some serious thought to their new line of Defender cases. I had the standard one for my S6 and hated it. Was not very protective at all and too thin.

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Similar question: are there any cases out that protect the edges of the screen? All the ones ive seen dip down so the edge display is exposed. If the phone falls and hits anything other than a perfectly flat surface it will destroy the screen when its unprotected like that.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Similar question: are there any cases out that protect the edges of the screen? All the ones ive seen dip down so the edge display is exposed. If the phone falls and hits anything other than a perfectly flat surface it will destroy the screen when its unprotected like that.

Not really. Even the Defender for the S7 Edge has the same dip. I hope I don't drop it! A guy at my work as the S7 edge and had a s6 edge. Both phones he's put a crack in the screen from dropping it. He finally has a case on his S7 edge now.