Costco Note 7 Recall Thread

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My Costco is saying they haven't heard when they will get their replacements and the main customer service for wireless advocates (the kiosk at Costco), said just now "Samsung has told us anything and I think they are still trying to figure out how they are going to handle the recall" lol

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Costco replacements?

That's pretty much the case everywhere, so hang on tight. Replacement units should start rolling out this week for early adopters.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Oh, I'm fine waiting, but I think most stores at least know about when they are getting some in and also know Samsung has announced something. These guys haven't even heard about the 21st announcement lol

Themonkey88

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site

My Costco near Seattle indicated the 23rd at the earliest for replacements. Also when I called yesterday they offered a loaner for the first time since the voluntary recall.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

My Costco near Seattle indicated the 23rd at the earliest for replacements. Also when I called yesterday they offered a loaner for the first time since the voluntary recall.

Wow, finally getting on board the loaner train.

Thanks for the info, it's good to hear someone get a date out of them.

Themonkey88

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site

For what its worth, I was on the phone with Verizon for another issue and the Verizon rep made sure I knew I need to replace my Note 7. She said you can go to ANY corporate store and they are REQUIRED to replace your phones no matter where you purchased it (I told her I bought mine from Costco). I verified this again with her and she confirmed it. She even let me know what the closest corporate store was via text. I have not verified this at a corp store however.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Wait seriously? I have been like 3 times and Costco is still providing no info when I can exchange mine nor will they give me a loaner.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Wait seriously? I have been like 3 times and Costco is still providing no info when I can exchange mine nor will they give me a loaner.

It's not really a loaner. They just let me exchange the note for an S7e and they said I can bring that back for the new note. The manager, district manager and Costco manager all agreed I could. Besides, I'm within my 90 day window. So they have to.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Was replying to @Themonkey88 . I just called Verizon and they said I absolutely had to go to Costco for replacement. I called Costco and they said it may be two weeks. I am soooooo frustrated.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I've heard 2 weeks too. With the limited number available (new thread up top), we will be lucky to get one, much less the color we want.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I am becoming more and more furious. I have read reports of Verizon selling Notes to new customers. All they keep telling me is to bring it in for a full refund. I will lose my rebate if I do that.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you mean the bogo rebate, you won't lose it. I talked to the Verizon rebate people and they said at most I would just need to give them the new phone info. My rebate was actually verified the other day and should be in the mail soon. They are aware of the note issue there.

Edit: I'm going to call Samsung tomorrow (again) and tell them they need to look into Verizon making new sales and to get some phones to wireless advocates (Costco). Everyone else here should do the same.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

My rebate still shows pending validation. Costco has only offered me to switch to S7 or S7E or full refund. No loaner. If I switch, I am stuck with it. I escalated it all the way up to Customer Relations for Wireless Advocates. They offered me another deal but the other phone, which I only kinda want, would have to be ordered and the Note 7 was only a few days away so I decided to hold out. If it is going to be another two weeks then I may have to take their offer.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

That sucks! Have you talked to Costco yet? You should still be within your 90 days from original purchase, and if Costco says they'll take the s7e back, wireless advocates can't do jack about it.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Yes I have, they said I could exchange but if they didn't have the Note 7 by Oct 11th that I would be stuck with the S7/S7E. They did not make me feel very confident that they would have it by then and that is not a risk I am willing to take.

Themonkey88

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site

I went to a Corp Verizon store tonight. They have the phones but refused to give them out until tomorrow. They also checked about exchanging phones bought elsewhere, first response was it had to be returned to original place of purchase. The store rep is currently on hold with customer care to verify what I was told earlier.... I'm not holding my breath.

aechulo82588

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

well i bought mine at costco and just returned it today for full refund and am just going to go to verizion and get new note 7 in the AM. i can reserve instore pick up as up tonight i am from chicagoland area. tired of costco not being able to give a date as to when then might get new phones for exchange and seeing people have already gottem theres exchanged or seeing people just buy the note 7

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

For what its worth, I was on the phone with Verizon for another issue and the Verizon rep made sure I knew I need to replace my Note 7. She said you can go to ANY corporate store and they are REQUIRED to replace your phones no matter where you purchased it (I told her I bought mine from Costco). I verified this again with her and she confirmed it. She even let me know what the closest corporate store was via text. I have not verified this at a corp store however.
You should have had her do it for you right then over the phone. Seen you tried and rep was on phone checking it out, how did it come out?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty