Canada Note 7 Recall Thread

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
A little sad that based on the recent news, recalls and cancellation info I highly doubt my replacement device will even ship to me know.

Now the decision I have to make is whether I keep my original GN7 and deal with the pop up to replace my device every time I charge it, or settle with exchanging it for a device that's not as nice. The Pixel XL is an option but looks pretty ugly in my personal opinion. Then there's the option to downgrade to a regular S7 Edge. Neither appeal to me. I really just need something to tide me over till the Galaxy S8 come out. As I assume Samsung will re-shuffle their usual line up to include something similar to a Note this time around.

I haven't heard what options Rogers is offering to us yet. I walked into my local store for info and funny enough the sales guys I spoke to was using his own GN7. We chatted about it. He actually said he was probably keeping his. But said to keep an eye out for news from Rogers in the next few days on what the options are.

I also hate that I invested in a few hundred worth of accessories. All of which I bought on eBay so these are things I would get refunded for. Another reason why I may consider keeping mine.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]Things don't differ between Canadian carriers — there's a simple return process ready no matter where you bought your Note 7. Samsung has deals in place to let you return your Note 7 wherever you bought it and exchange it for a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge — you can also opt for a full refund for the purchase price of the phone and any device-specific accessories you purchased with it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you need additional help, here are the customer support phone numbers for the Canadian carriers, as well as for Samsung itself.[/FONT]

• Samsung: 1-800-SAMSUNG
  • Rogers: 1-888-764-3772
  • Bell: 1-800-667-0123
  • Telus: 1-866-771-9666
  • Wind Mobile: 1-877-946-3184
  • SaskTel: 1-800-SASKTEL
  • MTS: 204-CALLMTS

groan

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
This is exaclty the problem I am having.

Bell will only exchange, but to what degree? Can I preorder the 32 GB Pixel? That to me is the only option I'm remotely interested in. Preferably the 128 GB one but for some reason bell has decided to not carry it!

I am going to fight for a refund but if I end up having to settle for something I won't be staying with Bell.

Are all companies only offering exchanges?

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
This is exaclty the problem I am having.

Bell will only exchange, but to what degree? Can I preorder the 32 GB Pixel? That to me is the only option I'm remotely interested in. Preferably the 128 GB one but for some reason bell has decided to not carry it!

I am going to fight for a refund but if I end up having to settle for something I won't be staying with Bell.

Are all companies only offering exchanges?

Ok - so I just went to the closest Bell store - and they won't even exchange it (!), since I had originally upgraded to the note7 online. The "help" number CSR told me just to take my phone to any Bell store.

Grrrreat.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok - so I just went to the closest Bell store - and they won't even exchange it (!), since I had originally upgraded to the note7 online. The "help" number CSR told me just to take my phone to any Bell store.

Grrrreat.
..... That's unacceptable. Can you call back and escalate it?

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
It gets better...went to a corporate store, they won't exchange the phone - since I originally upgraded to the phone online, there's no point of sale through which they can process a return/exchange - the rep showed me how their system won't accept my bomb, er, phone...so he gave me the same Bell No Support number, which I've called twice already..which I called again. The Bell No Support person was incomprehensible, seems to have been (over)trained in empathic listening, since all she did was repeat what I was asking ad nauseum - and then tell me to go to a Bell store, or call Samsung, and that they "understood" (which they, quite clearly, did not.) So I asked to speak to her supervisor. I was then informed that the supervisor was on a "really really" important call (what am I? Chopped liver?), and that she'd get back to me in, like, 2 hours.

This is turning into a nightmare.

johnkk

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I phoned Telus today after the corporate store refused to refund me. I am going thru similar issue as vespesian. Telus reps are dumb as stone. I asked for supervisor and waited on hold for 30 min, then guy came back on and said "Uh, he is busy. Can he phone you back". What was I supposed to do. So like a dummy I said yeah and sure enough no phone call. Phoned back, 1.5 hour wait. I hope Samsung gets sued for all this mess.

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Update -

1. "Supervisor" from Bell Support never got back to me.
2. The Samsung Experience Store (god, the irony...) to which I was referred by Samsung Inc., is not answering its phone, and there is no voicemail capability.

Next steps will probably involve contacting news media.

johnkk

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I feel for you vespesian. All I can say is the grass isn't any greener on the other side (Telus). I wish I was back with Rogers, they seem to actually be handling this better. In my mind though, even though I am mad at Telus, this is ALL 100% Samsung's fault. Samsung should have properly educated Telus and worked out proper return processes, but they obviously haven't. Samsung said starting Oct 13th you can go and return your phone, so I went.

I am 100% convinced now there will be a class action lawsuit and Samsung will probably end up paying $300-$500 per person, as they should because of the time spent on this. I have spent no less than 30 hours of my time on phones/writing e-mails over the last 1.5 months with the 1st recall and now this 2nd recall. I make $40 an hour, so Samsung can pay me for my time.

At this point I intend to never use Samsung again. Why would I, so many other android options out there now like Google Pixel or LG. Samsung is dead to me. I will take the S7 Edge crap they give me and sell it for whatever I can get and then move on with life.

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I feel for you vespesian. All I can say is the grass isn't any greener on the other side (Telus). I wish I was back with Rogers, they seem to actually be handling this better. In my mind though, even though I am mad at Telus, this is ALL 100% Samsung's fault. Samsung should have properly educated Telus and worked out proper return processes, but they obviously haven't. Samsung said starting Oct 13th you can go and return your phone, so I went.

I am 100% convinced now there will be a class action lawsuit and Samsung will probably end up paying $300-$500 per person, as they should because of the time spent on this. I have spent no less than 30 hours of my time on phones/writing e-mails over the last 1.5 months with the 1st recall and now this 2nd recall. I make $40 an hour, so Samsung can pay me for my time.

At this point I intend to never use Samsung again. Why would I, so many other android options out there now like Google Pixel or LG. Samsung is dead to me. I will take the S7 Edge crap they give me and sell it for whatever I can get and then move on with life.

This. I'm not normally a litigious person, but I would totally support a lawsuit against Samsung at this point, for no other reason than the public reprimand it would represent. Notice the distinct lack any apology or mea culpa from Sammy Management, anywhere?

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
😎 I guess Telus.com will play by the Rules stated by the MOD-Aquila
there're certain guidelines dictated by Samsung that most North
American carrier will follow. Like return the risky Note7's get
refund or exchanged for a Gs7 or S7-Edge. Get your pick

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing my exchange on Monday. My Telus Business rep has already ordered me a Moto Z, and it will be at arriving at her dealer then. I've been dealing with someone through Telus Business chat, and another guy via @Telusbusiness twitter account.

My experience so far? Excellent. I am leaving on a business flight on Tuesday, and now the Note has been banned. The Telus business reps I have dealt with have been pushing for info from higher up, and the minute they got it the other day, they contacted my business dealer and filled them in. They have been repeatedly filling me in with info, and checking up to make sure I get out of this Note before my flight.

Until I actually get the Moto Z in my hands, it's all promises, but I'll see Monday if they come through.

They have been excellent so far though. Great to deal with.

Last edited:

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday, I finally got thru to someone with a clue at Bell; they say someone will supposedly contact me via either phone (on the phone I'm not supposed to be using) or email - in 5 days - on how to replace the phone I bought from them, on their website. I detect a distinct lack of urgency on Bell's part.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
OK. Done. Note 7 gone, Moto Z in hand. Quite the difference. Android flies without Touchwiz bogging it down. Downside, I miss some of the features it did provide.

And camera quality....I miss that.

OK, so here's what happened to me through Telus Business.

Return and refund Note 7 (the $460 I originally paid up front).
Cancelled contract on Note.
New contract on Moto Z. Paid up front cost for phone.
Then they rolled back contract start date to August, when I got the Note.
Credited me the $40 I paid of the Note 7 device balance.

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
FINALLY got thru to someone at National Channel Support, who directed me to go to my closest store - and get those staff to call him to talk them thru the exchange. Which, once I did it, was relatively painless...note7 price was credited to my account in whatever way I wanted , update date was pushed back, paid & got a pixel xl...all in 20 minutes. Glad that's over.

(The pixel is an amazing phone, btw. I actually prefer it to the note7, which I didn't think I would).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress