What is the advantage of curved edge over flat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Does a curved edge has more functionality? For me an exposed curved edge is more fragile than a flat one protected by the bezels.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
A curved edge allows a phone to have practically no side bezels. I put my S7 edge next to an iPhone 6s plus and I had to laugh at the difference in overall size despite the same screen size.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The edge models have edge display, which except for the night clock and edge notifications would function the same on a flat screen. I never have my phone sitting where edge clock or notifications would do me any good.

I dont mind the edge screen so much on my s7 edge, but i would trade it for a flat note7 in a heart beat. If the rumor is true and a flat note7 with lower specs is announced, i would still get the edge version because i want the higher specs. But we don't even know if thats true yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, the benefits is that the device can be made to be slightly narrower and also creates an illusion of virtually zero side-bezels.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Will the N7 have any edge features that the S7e has? Such as people edge...ect??

annaaanguyen

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
From my experience with the edge screen of the S6 Edge/S6 Edge+/S7 Edge, the curved screen makes the display give off a 3D illusion effect. Videos and photos look super cool! Even though I won't be using the edge features much, I still think the one-of-a-kind design gives the phone a very unique and futuristic look and feel. It seems that the curved screen on the Note 7 won't be as prominent though, which I'm also excited about.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
From my experience with the edge screen of the S6 Edge/S6 Edge+/S7 Edge, the curved screen makes the display give off a 3D illusion effect. Videos and photos look super cool0!

I've never experienced this on my S7 edge, but good for you if you're wowed by the device.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
From my experience with the edge screen of the S6 Edge/S6 Edge+/S7 Edge, the curved screen makes the display give off a 3D illusion effect. Videos and photos look super cool! Even though I won't be using the edge features much, I still think the one-of-a-kind design gives the phone a very unique and futuristic look and feel. It seems that the curved screen on the Note 7 won't be as prominent though, which I'm also excited about.

I love this quality also. Watching video and reading text on this device is awesome. I've now owned 2 edge screens in a row and both times I've been dazzled by the effects of the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non