Is Sam's Club deal best?

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it says both things. Somewhat contradictory. Take a look...

Please Note:
• The Samsung Gear Fit 2 is only available through August 28, 2016 and is distributed by Samsung.

• Your Samsung Gear Fit 2 must be redeemed separately after you activate your new phone in club. Visit https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/GalaxyOffer for details.
• This reservation confirmation and the Sam's Club receipt for your new phone will be required to receive the Samsung promotional offer.
• Your Sam's Club gift card** will be provided in club when you pick up your phone.
• Waived activation and upgrade fees available on activation transactions dated August 19, 2016 to August 21, 2016.
• Payment for your order must be made in the club at the time of phone activation.
• Qualified new lines, upgrades, and add-a-lines with installment or two-year carrier agreement required.*
• Carriers and phone selection may vary by club.
• Valid Sam's Club Membership required for purchase.
Thanks for shopping at Sam's Club!

* Carriers, coverage, and products may vary by location. Devices may require select plan and data subscriptions, credit approval, activation fee and termination fees. Upgrade eligibility may vary. 4G not available in all markets. See club for details. This offer is not valid online. Limit of five phones per membership. One gift card per activation on installment. Limit five Sam's Club Gift Cards per membership. Gift Card will be provided at the time of activation and may not be used toward same transaction or to pay for membership fee, travel purchases or select services. Subject to all terms of Sam's Club Mobile Secondary Retail Agreement.

**One gift card per activation on installment. Limit five Sam's Club Gift Cards per membership. Gift Card will be provided at the time of activation and may not be used toward same transaction or to pay for membership fee, travel purchases or select services. Subject to all terms of Sam's Club Mobile Secondary Retail Agreement.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Currently working with SC Headquarters on this.
It's an illegal advertising practice to offer something in large print, and then completely disagree with that in the fine print. You can "qualify" in the fine print, but you can't directly obviate in fine print what was offered to the consumer in large print. It's misleading and thankfully there are laws against this.

I am in-call now, on-hold between SC reps as it's getting escalated.

Was just told that they have been receiving complaints about the "Note 7 Offer", and that my complaint needs to go to the same department handling the other complaints.

I'll report back once I get somewhere with this.
-bk

Tess214

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm waiting on an answer too. Sent info in to customer service through Facebook & website. Will be interesting to hear what they tell you.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's an illegal advertising practice to offer something in large print, and then completely disagree with that in the fine print. You can "qualify" in the fine print, but you can't directly obviate in fine print what was offered to the consumer in large print. It's misleading and thankfully there are laws against this.

Was just told that they have been receiving complaints about the "Note 7 Offer", and that my complaint needs to go to the same department handling the other complaints.

-bk
I agree with you, but they learned from the cell carriers. Let's offer unlimited data with small print limitations.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site

-bk

Can you provide the SC phone number you called just "in case." :)

A bit off topic but: Why are all the messages I see TIME STAMPED 5hrs ahead of what they should be? I checked my forum settings and time zone is set correctly. This message says I entered it at 10:12PM when it is actually 5:12PM. Weird: .https://s9.postimg.org/n8hcb4f4v/2016_08_20_17_16_11.png

Airmaxxx

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone's reciept indicate "Samsung note 7"? Having issues with the rebate on this since the receipt on says "Samsung note"

I used both the tax receipt (that has "SAMSUNGNOTE" on it) and the Sam's Club printout that has my contract info/wireless devices & service plans which includes the cell phone line I upgraded (it lists Samsung Galaxy Note 7 64GB - Black on it). Samsung accepted the receipt and my mircoSD has been approved but has not shipped yet.

zznation

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I used both the tax receipt (that has "SAMSUNGNOTE" on it) and the Sam's Club printout that has my contract info/wireless devices & service plans which includes the cell phone line I upgraded (it lists Samsung Galaxy Note 7 64GB - Black on it). Samsung accepted the receipt and my mircoSD has been approved but has not shipped yet.

awesome! thanks for the heads up. I've resubmitted, hopefully not hiccups.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Heard from Sam's Club corporate today - a good sign I guess. I had to provide evidence of the illegal promo offer - which I did.

Here's hoping that SC does the right thing.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Heard from Sam's Club corporate today - a good sign I guess. I had to provide evidence of the illegal promo offer - which I did.

Here's hoping that SC does the right thing.

I was on the phone with SC corp for 90 minutes on Saturday and got no where. Can someone post the original fine print that says you get the $150 with a 2 year contract?

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
That's what the webpage says now. That's not what it said when they first started taking pre-orders. I still have the email confirmation from the day I placed the pre-order and it has the original terms that did not say installment only.

Could you share that original confirmation?