even Forbes has its doubts

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the article, I use to look at the Note series as a step above the S series. Now it's just a larger screen with specs from last spring. Which isn't a bad thing, I was just hoping for more.

Posted via the Android Central App

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
The Note 7 is going to be fantastic. It's not that much different from the S7 Edge because it is already a GREAT platform. It's got some more features and it's more refined, super smart on Samsung's part. No need to put things in there just to satisfy the people that need to see 6G of ram on a phone. You guys are pretty spoiled complaining about it. They are giving you the best device on the market.

Samsung did a great job with the S7/S7 Edge. Perhaps they should have held back so the Note would look that much more powerful :D

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
And in yesterdays email Tong was all over how great the Note 7 is and how he cannot wait to use it to write underwater. And he said oh and Apple where are you with some of these ideas

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe so, but he sure isn't wrong. The note used to be the powerhouse for Samsung. Now it's merely something to satisfy the masses. And it barely seems to do that.

I feel like it has come to the point where there just isn't enough differentiation in terms of chips. Qualcomm used to pump 2-3 "flagship class" chips each year so the note could always be a little ahead of others. It is not the case anymore. The note is still a powerhouse of a device and comes with the latest chip (821/823 still isn't out in force). Other than "only 4gb of ram" it still has top of the line specs that will easily power it for years to come.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
More power and fewer features would be better imo. I don't care about iris scanner nor removable battery but I would like a bigger battery. I have to admit I will always miss ir blaster but LG just doesn't make a phone as dependable as Samsung.

I think the V10 is a worthy competitor for the latest note offering.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
<shrug> if you don't like the N7, don't buy it....even the people who get PAID to care about this are not frothing at the mouth as much as some of you.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a V10 and a S7E and honestly I've always been a LG guy. The S7E was my 1st SS phone. The V10 other than the body is dog crap. For the two days I played Pgo. The GPS was all over the place and the FPS was pure garbage.

I've said it before that most phones about all pretty much the same for day to day task, but damn when you fire up a game or take a photo that's when stuff get's real.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
For those that aren't impressed by the specs or features, what does the phone not do that you'd want it to do? Removable batteries are gone due to the high sales of the S6 and S7 lines. They could have used an 821, but I'd be very surprised if that made a difference in day to day performance. Same with 6GB of RAM.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Well removeable back and plastic back is why the note didn't sell well. Premium build is why it sells great

Removeable is gone for good

Are you implying that Samsung's copying iPhone's premium design, build, thin chassis and sealed battery is the reason why people like Samsung now with the S7?

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Are you implying that Samsung's copying iPhone's premium design, build, thin chassis and sealed battery is the reason why people like Samsung now with the S7?

The last all-glass iPhone was completely flat (not curved at all) and released in 2012.

But good try.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
People are disappointed because Samsung has traditionally upped various specs on the Note line over the S line. The rumours out there took the most obvious specs (ram, processor, battery, maybe camera) and jacked them up a bit, and thats what people expected or even held out upgrading for. Samsung's previous upgrade path and the rumour mill had expectations a little high.

Surprised to see a smaller battery myself. I was hoping for an all-flat version as well, did not like the curved screen. But am I mad? No, the S line this year is just so solid that it would have been tough to beat it. The N7 is a small upgrade to the best phone out there IMO, which still makes it the best phone for the non-Apple crowd.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

No one really complains about the iPhones design it's always about ios being so locked down. So, copying some of apples designs and running Android seems like a win.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
So again, if the S7 Edge didn't exist, everyone would be happy. That makes no sense but ok.

I actually think it's kinda cool that Samsung has matured to the point that they realize that refinement is better than a phone full of gimmicks and overrated specs don't necessarily make for a great phone experience. It looks good on a spreadsheet, but doesn't always translate to satisfied customers. All the spec heads may be disappointed, but I'll bet you both the S7 and the Note finish at or near the top of the best phones of the year.

Ask Nexus owners how important specs are versus experience.