What Note 7 Pre-Order Offer is the best deal?

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I saw that thread yesterday and didn't understand it.
Really don't think this is the case, since it doesn't have a radio in it, it relies on wifi and BT.
Look here:
Samsung Gear Fit2 - Fitness Watch | Samsung US

Where's the radio?
I'd say no activation.

Agreed that there is no activation/fee for the Fit2, which is what most carriers, Best Buy, and Target (?) are offering. Not sure which watch the PP was referring to, but ATT is offering the Gear S2 and/or a Galaxy Tab E for .99, and in the small print, it says both devices require a 2-year plan. :(

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Agreed that there is no activation/fee for the Fit2, which is what most carriers, Best Buy, and Target (?) are offering. Not sure which watch the PP was referring to, but ATT is offering the Gear S2 and/or a Galaxy Tab E for .99, and in the small print, it says both devices require a 2-year plan. :( Jerks.

As said above .. these are all separate offers. The Free Gear S2 and Tab E are not specific to the Note 7 ... I believe they are valid on just about any Samsung phone you get. The free Gear Fit2 is a Samsung promo that is specific to the Note 7 (and s7e I believe). You do not need to activate that watch because its not a connected device

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I did the preorder but never received an email from Target. Also, nothing about any type of deposit. It just said they'll notify me when they're available at the store.

bhop42

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
You won't get anything about a deposit its just a reservation for a phone. If I remember correctly I didn't get my conformation email immediately so keep checking.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
For the Target deal, does anyone know what "activation" requires? I plan to just buy the phone outright and swap my work provided ATT SIM for personal use. Will they require me to actually put this one of my existing ATT lines? If they do, I assume I can just do that temporarily and then swap the SIM once I leave? Thanks.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Called Verizon on having to activate gear 2. The rep said I would not have to, so I am going with the watch....

Posted via the Android Central App

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
AT&T's "freebies" are crap. Sure, I'd love to add 20.00 a month total to my bill for the galaxy tab e + gear 2. If I saw correctly one can buy the tab e outright for 99 dollars.

Thisistip

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Called Verizon on having to activate gear 2. The rep said I would not have to, so I am going with the watch....

To my understanding Verizon is giving away the Gear Fit 2. That one doesn't require the activation as it only works via Bluetooth.
The Gear S2 (3g version) can operate independently of the phone so you must activate it AT&T is offering the Gear S2 3g version. There is a non 3g S2 but that's not what they're giving away.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
For the Target deal, does anyone know what "activation" requires? I plan to just buy the phone outright and swap my work provided ATT SIM for personal use. Will they require me to actually put this one of my existing ATT lines? If they do, I assume I can just do that temporarily and then swap the SIM once I leave? Thanks.

Yes. That is what "activating" is. You have to add it to an existing or new line and a monthly financing plan is also required (if it is like the iPhone I bought last week).

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
• Get money back on your old phone. When you purchase and activate your Note7 between 8/19 and 8/27, get a guaranteed $200 trade in value with any working smartphone Target electronics trade-in program. Details on applicable trade in devices available at https://targettrade-in.com

So that means I can get $200 for one of my G1s? That's a pretty sweet deal right there :)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
If I go with the Note 7 I'd go for the free year of Netflix with T-Mobile if it stacks with the S7 Edge Netflix promo that I got when I got my S7e.

dlscott1111

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm with Cricket and want to buy the AT&T version outright. So you can't get the Target Giftcard if you buy it outright? And you have to activate the phone if you buy outright?? Any sources on these claims? I'm way confused.

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm with Cricket and want to buy the AT&T version outright. So you can't get the Target Giftcard if you buy it outright? And you have to activate the phone if you buy outright?? Any sources on these claims? I'm way confused.

I just left Target. Mobile rep said they won't even sell you the phone if you plan to buy outright. You can only buy the phone if you activate and select the carrier financing option.

dlscott1111

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I just left Target. Mobile rep said they won't even sell you the phone if you plan to buy outright. You can only buy the phone if you activate and select the carrier financing option.

On their preorder website they have full prices up for Sprint and Verizon but nothing on ATT. I had assumed that you could buy them. Oh well. Guess Target's off my list.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
On their preorder website they have full prices up for Sprint and Verizon but nothing on ATT. I had assumed that you could buy them. Oh well. Guess Target's off my list.

Spoke to a rep at target. Not every store will be getting the note from every carrier. None of the ones close to me will have the at&t model. Set up a pre order at a store 40 miles away.